Wedding Reception Forum
Options

how to count children?

i have about 20 children (under 18) about half of those will be over 6 years old should I count them as full adults for guest count purposes? how about the tiny babies? 

Re: how to count children?

• Options
    Speak with your venue about kid meals.  Sometimes they offer kid meals at a lower price.  If they do then ask the parents of the younger kids if they would prefer the kids meal or the regular meal.

But you will need to provide a count of all kids, baby or older, for chair purposes.  Even a baby needs a chair, or rather the parents could benefit from an extra chair to hold their diaper bag of baby carrier. Also, if you have any older babies that may need a high chair ask your venue if they can provide one if needed.

• Options
    Definitely count all butts for chair purposes. We made sure to have seats even for the babies b/c as Maggie said, people need a place to put their bags and stuff. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Meal costs will entirely depend upon your venue or caterer. For ours, children under 10 have the option of a cheaper kid's meal and children under 4, we don't have to pay for at all (score!). Just make sure you ask when speaking with vendors.

Agreed about chairs. 

• Options
    Everyone needs a seat, even a baby.  They'll need high chairs plus places where their parents can put things for them.

Find out from your venue whether kid meals are available, what they consist of, and how much they cost per kid.
  • Options
    perfect! I had it counted just like that but I suddenly doubted myself. thanks for the confirmation! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards