May 2014 Weddings
Options

Moments of anxiety, then relief......

Ugh, I'm slowly starting to loose my mind. While we have been getting a lot of wedding stuff done and I've been able to cross things off my list, the logistics of the day of the wedding are driving me crazy. I've been trying to figure out a "get ready location" for us as we can't be at our venue until 5pm and I refuse to get ready at my parent's house. I spent today calling hotels and asking about rooms/rates and it was so depressing and frustrating, and unbelievably expensive. Then something told me, "Hey, just cuz you're getting married in Brooklyn doesn't mean you have to get ready there!" *slapshandtohead* So I started looking at hotels a little closer to home and found one that is perfect (low price, easy to get to both driving and public transportation, plenty of street parking, will hold all of the bridal party in 2 rooms [one for the guys and one for the gals], AND PET FRIENDLY WITH A LOW PET FEE!) so now I just need to convince my parents that this is what we'll be doing. Also, the dog sitter that I was interested in using is free & available to pick up our dog from our wedding venue and bring him back to us at the end of the night! *jumpsforjoy* Now to just figure out the transportation we'll need for the day......
Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Moments of anxiety, then relief......

• Options
    Don't you love how things work out?
  • Options

I am also looking at a place to get ready...the venue is in the heart of a suburban town with no direct freeway access.

However, there are 2 nearby (20-30 minutes) cities with tons of hotels. Now I just have to see if I can get a good deal, as my fave/room is close to $200/night. (But it includes breakfast, and there's a Starbucks in their lobby.)

I'm glad everything worked out for you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @KittyKaty20 Are you in/near a major city? I am using Airbnb to book a place to get ready.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @KittyKaty20 Are you in/near a major city? I am using Airbnb to book a place to get ready.

Airbnb? I have never heard of that site...I'm in Sacramento, California (it's the capital)...technically, I'm in one of the suburbs in Sac County. I'll look into it! Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Airbnb? I have never heard of that site...I'm in Sacramento, California (it's the capital)...technically, I'm in one of the suburbs in Sac County. I'll look into it! Thanks!
    It's basically where people rent out their homes/condos for people to stay. A friend of mine did her honeymoon in Paris (sigh) and used it there instead of a hotel.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I checked it out...very cool site. Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards