May 2014 Weddings
Options

Moments of anxiety, then relief......

Ugh, I'm slowly starting to loose my mind. While we have been getting a lot of wedding stuff done and I've been able to cross things off my list, the logistics of the day of the wedding are driving me crazy. I've been trying to figure out a "get ready location" for us as we can't be at our venue until 5pm and I refuse to get ready at my parent's house. I spent today calling hotels and asking about rooms/rates and it was so depressing and frustrating, and unbelievably expensive. Then something told me, "Hey, just cuz you're getting married in Brooklyn doesn't mean you have to get ready there!" *slapshandtohead* So I started looking at hotels a little closer to home and found one that is perfect (low price, easy to get to both driving and public transportation, plenty of street parking, will hold all of the bridal party in 2 rooms [one for the guys and one for the gals], AND PET FRIENDLY WITH A LOW PET FEE!) so now I just need to convince my parents that this is what we'll be doing. Also, the dog sitter that I was interested in using is free & available to pick up our dog from our wedding venue and bring him back to us at the end of the night! *jumpsforjoy* Now to just figure out the transportation we'll need for the day......
Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Moments of anxiety, then relief......

• Options
    This is also one of the items that is causing me the most stress. Trying to figure out where we'll be getting our hair/makeup done, what time we need to be there, how we are getting to our venue... and then making sure that the entire bridal party is on board with the idea, it's really a pain. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That is awesome! 

That was one of the things on my list that was driving me crazy too. We rented a villa right next to our venue for the wedding night for us and all of our wedding party. I met with the venue on Thursday and they told me I could just rent one room for myself the night before (I thought we would have to rent the whole thing) and that we could use the whole thing the day of to get ready. I was so happy to get that off my list.
  • Options
    Glad you found something.

I'm very lucky that my venue has a room on site we can get ready in. Not sure what I'd do otherwise.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards