June 2014 Weddings

Invitation wording... Will people really notice?

While I love our invitations, I see that my habit of doing 327 things at once has back fired a bit. While customizing our invites, I missed the opening line and instead of it reading "The pleasure of your company..." itreads "The honor of your presence..." The invites are casual and everyone knows it will be an outdoor ceremony (we are atheist so no church ceremony). Fmil says I'm more worried about it than anyone else will be and that people around here are not as concerned with proper etiquette as I am... and that I'm certain of!

Would you side eye an invitation like that if you already knew the ceremony and reception details?
~*~June 21, 2014~*~

Re: Invitation wording... Will people really notice?

• Honestly, I just look at the names, date, time, and location. I don't think people will notice, and if they notice I don't think they will care. I mean, other than those of us in the midst of planning, who really knows some of the small etiquette rules?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not a big deal. I probably wouldn't notice.  I mostly look for the date, location and time.

Anniversary

• For 99.8% of the people not planning a wedding, this will go unnoticed. I wouldn't think twice about it.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks, girls! Around here people are A LOT more laid back and fmil says most people don't know the "rules" and that she has even learned a lot from me. 

*Deep breath*....we're officially less than 5 months out and my up to this point cool, calm, and collected self is feeling the pressure. I've promised everyone I won't freak out and get all crazy, but I tend to get aggravated at myself for things I could have prevented.

Not going to worry about this one anymore! :)
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards