Maryland

A diamond in the ruff! Very affordable venue.

The Historic Baldwin hall is a nice, clean and big space that's available for all kinds of events. I'm using it for my wedding ceremony and having the reception elsewhere. It's a "DIY" venue but their prices are very affordable. $600 or half day rental, $1000 for a whole day. I opted for the half day, since I'm only using it for the ceremony. But they let me pick the hours. So instead of being stuck having the ceremony when they wanted me to I picked my 6 hour window. The rental manager is very sweet and helpful. She's answered every question and has been accommodating when I need to stop by for measurements and with my planner. Great place whether you're on a budget or not.

I choose it because I didn't want a church, I refused to wed outside, most places won't rent out one of their rooms unless you're doing the reception there also and it has nice grounds an gardens for photos.

Re: A diamond in the ruff! Very affordable venue.

• Are chairs included in that rental price? Are there any stipulations with decorations? Thanks for sharing your great find!
  • AngusaurAngusaur member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited May 2014
    @Skemboi We checked into Historic Baldwin Hall but ended up finding another venue. They are definitely cheap and the space is nice. The decorations can not be hung on the walls. No tape, nails, etc. I believe you can have fire but it has to be concealed in a hurricane jar or lantern. The tables and chairs are both included in the  price.

There are plenty of pretty areas outside to get married at. We were planning to marry outside and have the reception inside. The only thing is all you are getting with the rental is the hall itself (and tables and chairs) but there is no staff. So you have to bring everything in. Catering, Officiant, DJ, Coordinator if you need one, etc. I believe you're also responsible for trash.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards