March 2014 Weddings
Options

Vent: GEORGE WASHINGTON ?!?!

I just need to vent/share.... I went to the post office today with my cute .66 cent wedding cake stamps affixed on my envelopes, and asked for hand cancelling to drop off the first batch of wedding invites.  I was charged the extra .20 cents each invite, which I was prepared for, BUT I HAD NO IDEA IT WAS IN THE FORM OF THE STAMP???  I literally had a meltdown in the post office and I am so ashamed of it, but it's just been a domino effect of little things in the last 72 hours that have been throwing curveballs at me around this wedding lol.   SO with that being said, next to my cute wedding cake stamps, IS MISTERRRRR GEORGEEE WASHINGTONNN AS A .20 CENT STAMP.    The lady told me that EVERY bride that goes in there gets extremely upset over Mr. Washington on their invitations, but, it is what it is.

LE SIGH.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vent: GEORGE WASHINGTON ?!?!

• Options
    Its not supposed to be. Its supposed to be the post mark so it doesnt go through the machine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • Options
    She said that it definitely will not be put through the machine, but apparently some of my friends who have gotten married have all told me "don't worry, we had to do that too".. we probably all went to that same post office too.     I mean at the end of the day, WHO CARES, but I totally cared in that moment... poor lady had to apologize over and over as I stood there with rivers in my eyes LOL.

So long as all arrives safe and sound, I guess it is what it is.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Also, I have a second batch of invites to send out tomorrow ( my hands were going numb by the time I finished the invites from FI's side, which is what went out today) so I am going to go to a different post office and see what the deal is there.   Annoying, especially with this horrific blizzard.   Unless I get to work from home tomorrow, then these invites can wait till Thursday :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards