Wedding Party
Options

Two best friends that hate eachother- Maid of Horrors

Hi Everyone,

I have two childhood best friend that had a falling out in our adult life. Although they are friendly now, I don't see them ever being "friends" again.  On my end, since we all grew up together, they are two candidates for my Maid of Honor position. We'll call them C and K. K is single, and C recently got engaged and asked my to be one of her brides maids, which is great since our weddings are so close I don't now if I could handle planning my own while being MOH in hers.

I have a friend, T who I work with and over the past three years we have become very close.   She is currently my best candidate for MOH and I think it would avoid any conflict if i were to pick K over C or C over K.  I know K will be very upset if I don't pick her but I simply cannot chose over the two.

I had a vision of going to dinner and asking all of them at the same time to be in my wedding party.  So my questions is, I am absolutely going to pick T as my MOH to avoid dealing with any bitter feelings between K and C, should I break the news to them privately that I am picking T, or can I still have my dinner and ask them in the cute way I hoped for?   I don't want anyone's feelings hurt

Re: Two best friends that hate eachother- Maid of Horrors

• Options
    I would say ask them in a cute way individually. Ask K and C to be bridesmaids and specifically ask T to be a maid of honor. You don't really have to explain yourself then as to why K or C aren't the MOH because you picked T already. The "position" has already been assigned.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • Options
    Ask them all individually to be in your wedding party, not as a group. Ask T to be your MOH and K & C bridesmaids. There is nothing to "break" to K & C.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    k, thanks Ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards