Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Cake Accessories - What is this wrapped around this cake?

I am in love with this cake, however I have no idea what this is that is wrapped around the middle section.  Does anybody know what it is?  image

Re: Cake Accessories - What is this wrapped around this cake?

• Options
    Well, it obviously looks like twigs but I can't tell if they are real or some clever sort of sugar creation.  That's a really beautiful cake.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    CaliMel11CaliMel11 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2014
    They look like they're made out of chocolate to me.. Do you know what bakery it came from? If you did you could always try asking them?
  • Options
    Curly willow, most likely. I had it in my bouquet.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I have no idea what bakery it came from, i came across this online but i have been unable to locate a bakery or original source.  This is one of the most beautiful, simple cakes i have seen.  Kudos to its creator.
  • Options
    It looks like a small grape vine to me.
  • Options
    It looks like a small grape vine to me.
    Ahh, YES!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I have no idea what bakery it came from, i came across this online but i have been unable to locate a bakery or original source.  This is one of the most beautiful, simple cakes i have seen.  Kudos to its creator.
    Just an FYI, if you're looking to order this design it is not simple, so expect a high cost. It's all fondant or gum-paste and while you can do either real grape vines to, it's stil very detailed as all of the leaves and flowers are made by hand - individually. (I spent a few years as a wedding consultant for a bakery, I looked at wedding cakes every day lol)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Looks to me like chocolate-flavored vines.
  • Options
    I'm with Tammy - grapevine. That's gorgeous by the way!
  • Options
    Yup, it's grapevines. This bakery has one on their cake and it looks similar: http://cakecentral.com/g/i/2414090/ivory-leaf-wedding-cake-with-grapevine-birch-and-ceramic-owl-cake-toppers/

That cake would be super expensive because of all the fondant work. It takes hours to make and place all those flowers.
    But it's a gorgeous cake!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards