Wisconsin
Options

Green Bay Brides: Warning about a DJ

Any brides planning their wedding in Green Bay stay away from Superior Sound Entertainment...Guys name is Bronson Smith, he is the owner. We hired him for our wedding and it was terrible service. It all started the day before the wedding...I get a phone call from the DJ around 3pm that day stating that the song he downloaded for the mother/son dance was un-usable and he "could not" find a usable copy. So I asked what I was supposed to do (when he had 30 days to download and test out all the songs to be sure they worked!) and he told me that my FMIL needed to choose a different song. I had called one of my bridesmaids and they found the song online and had it burned to a disc in about 10 minutes, so obviously the DJ didnt try very hard to find it. So that was the day before... Now at the reception it all started off great, he played nice dinner music, no biggie. Then when we were all getting ready to be announced to go to dinner he snapped at me about what microphones we should be using for speeches and everything...I mean cmon its a stupid microphone, but he got snippy with me...the bride... Then I found out he yelled at one of our groomsmen for no reason. I'm pretty sure he played the wrong song for the grand march too. He also yelled at my Dad because he was "standing too close to the speaker and blocking the sound". And the rest of the night he was outside smoking. I stood at the DJ stand for a very, very long time trying to request a song and finally gave up and walked away as he was nowhere to be found.
Dont get me wrong, I still had an awesome time, but just a fair warning to all you other brides out there...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Green Bay Brides: Warning about a DJ

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for hte warning!  I am relying heavily on reviews from other brides for choosing a lot of my vendors!
    My Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    212 image Invited
    94 image Wouldn't miss it!
    75 image Are party-poopers
    43 image Are confused about how rsvps work
    RSVPS are due June 11th!
  • Options
    brimavenbrimaven member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After doing a little research, it looks like they are solid gold sound, reformed under a new name. maybe I am wrong, but everything I have found points to that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are right, they were Solid Gold Sound.  He got in serious legal trouble and shut that down and started a new business (which is not reponsable for the money owed).  From the reviews about this guy, he takes money and runs.  I guess luckstar was lucky to have someone even show!
  • Options
    brimavenbrimaven member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Solid gold was a DJ service that was basically a franchise operation, all over the country. My cousin had hired them for her wedding here in MN. 5 weeks before the wedding she tried to call and e-mail them but kept getting "the number you have called has been disconnected" and her e-mails kept getting bounced back. She eventually gave up and her banquet hall told her to call Midwest sound. They not only showed up but did a great job! When we saw this happen, we decided to use them for our wedding.
  • Options
    iwanttoknowiwanttoknow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking of hiring this DJ...where did you find information about the previous business name?  This would really help me out.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards