Plus-Sized
Options

ring width?

Im looking at rings online and Im unsure of which size i should be looking at. I dont really have a too chunky finger but they are short. How can i get a better idea of what it will look like on? I think 2-3 mm will look too dinky. But i saw a lady today whos ring was huge on her finger and I dont want it that wide! I almost asked her if she knew the width? lol what is the norm for a plus size woman?

Re: ring width?

• Options
    I think it really depends on your personal preference and what you're most comfortable with. I would suggest going to a jewelery store and just trying out different widths to see what you like best.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Exactly what pp said. You won't know until you try some on. What I did, and it have the ring I love, and is just the right size
  • Options
    Im looking at rings online and Im unsure of which size i should be looking at. I dont really have a too chunky finger but they are short. How can i get a better idea of what it will look like on? I think 2-3 mm will look too dinky. But i saw a lady today whos ring was huge on her finger and I dont want it that wide! I almost asked her if she knew the width? lol what is the norm for a plus size woman?
    Just go to the jewelry store and try on rings to see what looks best.  I also have short fingers. When picking out the wedding bands, I originally wanted a band on either side of my engagement ring but when I tried it on it looked ridiculous.  I believe my engagement ring and wedding band are each around the 2-3mm.  I think it looks fine and definitely more proportionate to short fingers. 

• Options
    My e-ring and wedding band together are a full centimeter, but I can carry it off well. Definitely try stuff on to see what you like best.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    I have man hands. Not short or fat, but in the middle lol. That said, I've always liked wide bands. BUT, I was super surprised when the E-ring upgrade turned out to be a 2MM band, as well as my wedding band. The 2 of them together, look really good on my fingers!

I've also always preferred princess cut stones, and realized that contributes to my hands looking funkier. So now, I've got a round halo, around a round cluster. Hard to explain! But it looks really nice, especially paired to the super skinny half eternity band.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards