Wedding Woes

Friday

What's up this weekend?

After putting in 14-17 hr days this week (and even working MLK) DH is supposedly leaving "a little early" to go look at granite. I still can't believe how hard it's been to even get in to these places.  Yesterday I call and go through a whole 3 minute phone tree that finally ends with "for immediate help dial ext 34."  This conversation

Me: I was just wondering your hours
Helpful Andy: 9-4 by appointment
Me: How do I get an appointment?
HA: If you give me your salesperson I can transfer you
(If I knew my salesperson I would have dialed them in that stupid phone tree that listed everyone)
Me: We don't have one of those. 
HA: Oh (and nothing further)

It's like nobody wants our money

Tomorrow we're visiting my sister so we can all get eye exams.  Maybe hitting a small science center.

Oh and my sinus infection is turning into another infection. 

Re: Friday

• Ugh.  That's ridiculous.  What part of, "Have money, want granite", do these people not get?

Today: I thought I was going to be able to sleep in, but between DH's alarms and all the racket he was making while getting ready, I've been awake since about 5am.  I have a hair appt this morning and am going to go do some shopping.  After that, I'm going to come home and try to get some house stuff done. It's a mess around here.

Tomorrow: We're dropping the kids off fairly early at my parents and then are probably going to hit up a movie.  After that, we're going to check into the hotel we have booked and get ready to go to DH's work party.  We're going to do his work party and then who knows? We may go out for a few drinks or not. 

Sunday: It's DH's bday.  We're going to get up and do breakfast.  We're then going to head to my parents and do an early dinner.  After dinner we're going to my IL's for cake and ice cream.
  • Not too much planned for the weekend.  

DD1 has a basketball game tomorrow morning.

DH's work has already called off for Monday because it's supposed to be ridiculously cold again.  At least they're letting them work on Tuesday, which is their normal day off. 
  • Not too much.  

We're going Saturday to hear a speaker on Iraq War.  The speaker is an Iraqi refugee and one of the Harvard Humanists and he's giving a secular opinion on it.  It should be interesting.

I need to design one more flyer and get my other flyers finished for printing and cutting.  My group is streaming the Bill Nye/Kenneth Ham debate on the 4th and have lots of new and interested people coming, so "membership drive" will be in full blast.  Other than that, SSDD.
  • 6-re: the infection.  I love that you get antibiotics and before it actually CURES your original infection, it causes another one.  Way to be efficient at the wrong thing, little pills.

So you can't buy granite because you don't have a salesperson?  Well, give me a damn salesperson, DUH!  *sigh*  Why do people not think beyond their little two sentence script?

My weekend?  A lot of nothing.

I feel kind of sad about this, but kind of not.  With H being a 3rd shift-er, I find that I'm a bit more of a hermit than I used to be, this coupled with the fact that my parents are out of town, makes me sad.  And a friend I wanted to have lunch/dinner with isn't in town this weekend.  Wah.  *small pity party*

Then next weekend is busybusybusy.  No rest for the weary (or pretend weary).
  • We had a pretty terrible week, so I think we're going to hibernate this weekend. My friends are having a poker night on Saturday that we might go to. And we'll probably go out to our favorite bar/restaurant tonight like we do most Fridays. I also have some household chores (fun!) that I should see to.
  • Streaming Nye/Ham debate???? IDK whether to watch or just spare myself the aggravation. ;)

It's DD's birthday on Sunday. Which will mean a Sat party for her little friends and an entire weekend of birthday madness to be topped off with seeing the Circus Sun night.

Mama's gonna need a draaank.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • IT'S MY DAY OFF FINALLY

So of course I have a bunch of shit I have to do. Chiropractor, mortgage refinancing meeting, practicing driving manual, eyebrow threading (hot mess here), clothes shopping because I can't find my swimsuit, then beginning to pack! I also need to find my carte jaune because I can't remember when I had my boosters for all them diseases but I have my ~pre-conception~ appointment on Monday and want to be able to tell her when I had them all done. I think it was 2007, but I can't make any promises, and I don't remember what I had that year vaccine-wise besides rabies, yellow fever and typhoid.

• Drs appt late afternoon today, followed by cleaning, laundry, and WoW time.

Getting our marriage license tomorrow! (our county clerk's office is doing a trial run of limited Saturday hours at the branch right by us!) Need to work on questionarre for officiant and vows afterwards, and welcome bag letters. Plus kitty time, including home grooming. Food will be consumed at some point.

Sunday- FSMIL has invited us down for dinner. I smell a shitstorm, as she finally seemed to get it last week that her sibs were NOT invited to our wedding 6 weeks from tomorrow.

Throughout weekend, hop on treadmill and walk, seeing how leg feels, interspersed with crunches.

• I have a giant zit that would make Busy proud.  I swear it had 6 heads on it this morning.

Tonight- dinner w/ the ILs if the windchill isn't horrible

Tomorrow- we're dropping the baby off at my ILs and going on a date!  We're going to try a new alehouse and see a movie.  I don't know what yet since Catching Fire isn't at the theater anymore, at least the one by the inlaws.  Then we have a 30th birthday/masters graduation party at a pizza place for DH's awkward cousin.

Sunday- grocery shopping and hopefully just relaxing.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Today is DD's 2 month pedi appointment and she has a bunch of shots. Depending on how she does, that will dictate the weekend. I'd like to go back to the flooring store and look at flooring again but DH was complaining about being tired and not feeling good, so we'll see. Other than that it's just the usual chores.
  • @dharmabunny, it's free streaming, but you do have to sign up for it through Answers in Genesis.

They're debating, "Is creationism still a viable theory of origins in today's modern society" or something similar.

IDK, I don't think it's going to be the slam dunk other people do.  Nye is cool and fun and smart, but he's a mechanical engineer, not a biologist.  He has admitted that and says he's doing it just b/c he feels that ID needs to be shot down as often as possible.  I'm not sure that doing this AT the Creationism Museum, with rumors of a biased audience (tickets sold out in 2 minutes, people are saying that it was a setup) is going to do anyone any good.  Other criticisms is that by even doing this, he's giving ID/Creationism attention and legitimacy on a wide scale.  

It'll be interesting to see what happens.  At the end of the day, they're both public speakers, well versed in their opinions and know how to win an audience.
  • Today is mommy/baby lunch, then drunk quest with waffles.

Tomorrow I have no idea. There was discussion of going to the zoo, but DH likely has to work. So cleaning? Yay?

Sunday afternoon we are going to a local brewery that is having an event for a local food truck's one year anniversary. The beer is awesome, and one of our friends was at a party the good truck catered and the good I'd apparently awesome too, so I am pretty excited for lunch/linner/dunch on Sunday.
  • Full disclosure: I've been to the Creation Museum twice. It is legitimately the most hilariously angering place I've ever been.

• DD and I wanted Wicked tickets, so we stalked website and went on right away, and still neither of us can get in.  The website is overloaded.  This happened with Cats, so we were so determined this time. I have it pulled up on 2 computers and she is on her computer and phone,.
  • H and I just moved to the suburbs. H has a bunch of friends who live near us now. And I literally dont have a sinlge friend that doesnt live in the city. ( I am friends with H's friends, but they arent MY friends, if that makes sense.)

So we met a couple our age who lives on our block. And we are having dinner with them tonight.. I am nervous I am going to come off as crazy and desperate since I really would like to make a friend close by.

Also restaurant week starts today, so on Saturday H and I will venture out into the -2 degree weather to have dinner at the restaurant where we got engaged.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Here's a picture of one of my friends at the Creation Museum:

Here's me pointing out the PENGUIN IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN:

And here's my friend saddling up her dinosaur, as dinosaurs and humans coexisted and dinosaurs were used as transportation:

• WHY OH WHY CAN'T I SEE @THEJUCHEIDEA'S PICTURES!!  

I don't even see a link!  Boooooo!
  • What the....dinosaurs as transportation? Really?
    Apparently serapes existed with dinosaurs...who knew?

• I opened it in IE and could see the pics.  AWESOME.
  • The second time I went, we got in for $5 each because it's $5 a ticket after 5pm in the month of December. We paid full price the first time around, but it was TOTES WORTH IT. I'm serious, I love that place and want to go back for one of our sacrilicious weekends again.

Here are some more pics from the museum:

And also this, before he was struck by lightning (and when my husband still had his horrible eighth grade glasses and hair down to the middle of his back which he later donated, his luscious, luscious hair):

• @thejucheidea I had to share the pic of the Grand Canyon thing with friends.  I made sure to strip it of any metadata, but that one was just too funny.  While I tend to try and stay in the "don't poke fun" tribe, that one is just too easy.

• @thejucheidea, I showed FI the pictures- he wants one of the horse/dogs that appears in your second post about how animals evolved, the very first one.
  • The velociraptors in the ark killed us dead.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards