Snarky Brides

"He is just gonna have to get a second job"

I am watching SYTTD and a bride just said that regarding her FI who is buying her wedding dress and she said she will not put a budget on her dress purchase. she just got a reception dress for $24k

She also mentioned they are spending almost half a million dollars on their wedding

Is this even for real?!!?! that is just ridiculous! and how could you say that about your FH??? If I were him I would dump her in a flash

Re: "He is just gonna have to get a second job"

• pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    It's shows like these - well, let me rephrase- brides like those on these shows that makes some of these girls think they are such special snowflakes. Who cares if hubby gets a second or third job? Clearly the dress is more important than the marriage!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I've seen that one. They had a special on their wedding. It was ridic. He is just as ostentatious as she is.

Anniversary
  • I remember this SYTTD.  Gag me with a spoon.

There was a whole special on their wedding???
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Was she the one who got that ugly silver Pnina dress?  She just screamed "look at me!!!"

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    Was she the one who got that ugly silver Pnina dress?  She just screamed "look at me!!!"
    No, that was the woman who founded BodyRockSport.com.  I used to love their sports bras, but lately they changed the fabric and they aren't nearly as good.  But one look at the prints and bedazzling on that website, and you'll get a sense of her taste.  She even made a silver lace jeweled sports bra to mimic her wedding dress!

ETA: in her defense, she has a whole line of mastectomy sports bras and models them on an actual middle-aged woman on the website.  I'm sure she's a lovely person... but still... THAT DRESS.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Watching SYTTD without knowing what wedding dresses actually cost was very discouraging for me. For a long time, I thought it would be impossible to find a dress for less than $2k. 

Especially in the NYC area, where friends were suggesting I go to Kleinfeld's to try on dresses "for fun", I got a lot of side-eyes when I mentioned that my dress budget was $600, including alterations.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Those episodes make me so angry.  I hate how when people come in with budgets under 2k they act they "are so limited."  WTF, it made me so freaked out dress shopping and like I was going to be left to crappy selections.  My dress was $1200 and absolutely gorgeous.  My husband would not have married me if I spent thousands of dollars on one dress (let alone two for one day--those brides make me even crazier!!). 

Anniversary
  • pinkcow13 said:

It's shows like these - well, let me rephrase- brides like those on these shows that makes some of these girls think they are such special snowflakes. Who cares if hubby gets a second or third job? Clearly the dress is more important than the marriage!

Heck yeah! Don't actually want to spend time with hubby... He can be gone all the time as long as he's making $$$ to pay off all the wedding debt!

SYTTD is kind of my crappy reality show addiction. Anyone see the one where a lady spent $70,000 on dresses? She, her mother, and three daughters ( ages roughly 5ish- 14) all got Pnina dresses for the wedding
  • It's shows like these - well, let me rephrase- brides like those on these shows that makes some of these girls think they are such special snowflakes. Who cares if hubby gets a second or third job? Clearly the dress is more important than the marriage!
    Heck yeah! Don't actually want to spend time with hubby... He can be gone all the time as long as he's making $$$ to pay off all the wedding debt! SYTTD is kind of my crappy reality show addiction. Anyone see the one where a lady spent $70,000 on dresses? She, her mother, and three daughters ( ages roughly 5ish- 14) all got Pnina dresses for the wedding

And they all pretty much looked terrible? Yes I did. Blech.

I blame netflix for my SYTTD and Bridezillas addiction.

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • Was she the one who got that ugly silver Pnina dress?  She just screamed "look at me!!!"
    No, that was the woman who founded BodyRockSport.com.  I used to love their sports bras, but lately they changed the fabric and they aren't nearly as good.  But one look at the prints and bedazzling on that website, and you'll get a sense of her taste.  She even made a silver lace jeweled sports bra to mimic her wedding dress!

ETA: in her defense, she has a whole line of mastectomy sports bras and models them on an actual middle-aged woman on the website.  I'm sure she's a lovely person... but still... THAT DRESS.
    OMG, that was the woman who's mother bought her everything under the sun! including new flooring for the venue, $10,000 diamond mink lashes, and MAC "custom made" her a lipstick (It was just 2 mixed together on the day of, which I think really isn't that hard but still!)
    Don't get me wrong I am all for spending money if you have it, I do love my shoes! but there comes a point when enough is enough. 

• It's shows like these - well, let me rephrase- brides like those on these shows that makes some of these girls think they are such special snowflakes. Who cares if hubby gets a second or third job? Clearly the dress is more important than the marriage!
    Heck yeah! Don't actually want to spend time with hubby... He can be gone all the time as long as he's making $$$ to pay off all the wedding debt! SYTTD is kind of my crappy reality show addiction. Anyone see the one where a lady spent $70,000 on dresses? She, her mother, and three daughters ( ages roughly 5ish- 14) all got Pnina dresses for the wedding
    That episode was horrible... I mean - her daughters looked like mail order brides....
  • mimiphin said:
    Was she the one who got that ugly silver Pnina dress?  She just screamed "look at me!!!"

OMG, that was the woman who's mother bought her everything under the sun! including new flooring for the venue, $10,000 diamond mink lashes, and MAC "custom made" her a lipstick (It was just 2 mixed together on the day of, which I think really isn't that hard but still!)
    Don't get me wrong I am all for spending money if you have it, I do love my shoes! but there comes a point when enough is enough. 
    Wait, did she pay extra for that???  Having gone through the training to be a makeup artist, I can honestly say that that's the easiest shit ever and it's pretty normal to mix different foundations and lipsticks together to get the right color, without an extra charge.
  • I told FI he'd better get a second job to pay for our wedding, but that was because he was the one who wanted everything beyond just going to a JOP or eloping. I had the money I had been saving for a new car to contribute, but the things he felt we absolutely had to have would cost more than twice what I had. I felt it was only fair in that case to ask him to contribute something to the wedding fund. However, I would never make ridiculous demands and expect someone else to pay for them!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• mimiphin said:
    Wait, what? Do you mean eyelashes? For real? They make $10,000 eyelashes?

WHY?!?
  • B0320 said:
    That episode was horrible... I mean - her daughters looked like mail order brides....
    I mean its a gag inducing episode but when I watched it I could understand why she wanted to do that. I still think there would have been so many other ways to do a nice thing for her family than spending 70k in dresses but oh well

• I rememeber both these episodes. I didn't like the woman who had all them dressed alike it looked tacky and like they belonged in a circus. And that other lady like the real out there one, I mean she seemed reasonable in the aspect that she wanted a gorgeous wedding and she got one. But there were some things on her list that I didn't like at all. Like those mink diamond eyelashes I mean really?? And $10,000? That's like half my budget right there lol. But I guess to each their own. She had the money, why not spend it?
  • I rememeber both these episodes. I didn't like the woman who had all them dressed alike it looked tacky and like they belonged in a circus. And that other lady like the real out there one, I mean she seemed reasonable in the aspect that she wanted a gorgeous wedding and she got one. But there were some things on her list that I didn't like at all. Like those mink diamond eyelashes I mean really?? And $10,000? That's like half my budget right there lol. But I guess to each their own. She had the money, why not spend it?
    That's our whole budget :/

• @Musicalbunni

I havent found 1 Pnina dress I like, Lazaro on the other hand, classy shit

• JaniV123 Oh shit, I didn't mean it like the way it sounded. I just think it's crazy that she spent that much money on one item in her wedding. And it's something that you couldn't even really see.
  • @Nikita2013 Oh no! I didnt mean it for your comment I meant at the ridiculousness that she spent so much on FAKE EYELASHES! 

Like "hey can you give me you lashes so I can sell them and double my budget?!" 

I didnt mean it like that! No worries!

• I feel really terrible for saying this, but whenever I see ppl on SYTTD spending that kind of crazy money I always try to figure out what they do for a living and make up stories about their lives in my head. Like the lady that bought 70k worth of dresses, I decided that her FI was a drug dealer. I imagined him spending drug money on this beautiful lavish wedding and then being arrested during the reception. (Yes I have an active imagination) lol
  • @raeah219--- I do the same thing! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards