February 2014 Weddings
Options

Seeing how it's almost February...!!

Happy-Happy-Happy Dance!!!

They're coming!! Our Weddings are coming!!!

So, I would love to hear about what you are most looking forward to (besides being married, because, well, yeah, we know).

I'll start it off...

I'm super excited to see loads of family I never see normally, and I'm super excited to drink Italian Sodas all night! Haha!! We are having an italian soda bar, that has me drooling already!

What exciting things do you have planned?

Feel free to brag about how awesome your wedding is below...

Re: Seeing how it's almost February...!!

• Options
    I got my dress back today--so I'm really looking forward to my fiance seeing me. He calls me his beautiful princess and I really will look that then.

Also the honeymoon. It's almost 80 degrees warmer down there than it is here.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CLI242009CLI242009 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    1) Fiance seeing me for the first time. We are separating after the RD the night before =) won't see each other till I'm walking down the aisle.

2) my father seeing me once i'm done getting ready
    3) the first dance!!! =)
    4) being announced into the reception as Mr. and Mrs. for the first time. (yes i'm taking his name and so so excited about being announced as his wife!)

5) Seeing my best friend!!! I live in NY she lives in CA where I'm originally from. Haven't seen her in almost 2 years =(

6) BM and MoH speeches!
    7) will see this on video later but hopefully reactions to when 2 harry potter songs are played at certain times during the reception. ^_^ I'm a geek, I couldn't help myself.

8) saying our vows and our reactions to them

Not necessarily in that order either
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am looking forward to seeing my fiance's face when I walk down the aisle. We won't be seeing each other until then either.

I'm also excited to finally wear my wedding dress! So much preparation and and so many fittings, I'll be excited to pick it up and take it out of the store!

And I also am looking forward to eating our wedding cake! (I love cake) Our baker is phenomenal and our we have had two tasting and decided on some fun flavors which I can't wait to share with our guests.
  • Options
    mrstobe2014 - Had my dress at home this entire time. Been able to put it on a couple of times for fittings and making sure my corset works with the dress, shoes, etc. My FMIL is a seamstress, did all the alterations (nothing really to alter except for one thing) so that sucks. I didn't go through that feeling of something might happen to my dress because it was with me at home =)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @CLI242009 -How lucky!!! I'm still in the worried phase. I don't think I will be ok until I take the dress out of the store. I've had to have quite a few alterations done, and every time I think "this is it. This is the one time they lose a dress. It would happen to me, and no one else". Haha. But on the flip side, we moved and everything is in disarray, so it is better for my dress to be at the bridal boutique than at home where fiance could 'accidently' move it, or worse, see it!

Only three more weeks of torture and crazed mania. But it will be the best day ever, so it's all worth it :)
  • Options
    I brought my dress home on Friday. It was a great feeling. Making the wedding feel more real.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @CLI242009 -How lucky!!! I'm still in the worried phase. I don't think I will be ok until I take the dress out of the store. I've had to have quite a few alterations done, and every time I think "this is it. This is the one time they lose a dress. It would happen to me, and no one else". Haha. But on the flip side, we moved and everything is in disarray, so it is better for my dress to be at the bridal boutique than at home where fiance could 'accidently' move it, or worse, see it!

Only three more weeks of torture and crazed mania. But it will be the best day ever, so it's all worth it :)
    Only 12 days left for me.....I am an organizer and I was panicked because everything wasn't organized and all my ducks weren't lined up. Now that we've met with the vendors, gotten the timelines down when each vendor will be arriving, etc. It's all coming together and organizing itself and I am calming down. If that makes sense to anyone?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay for you!! I have already given my vendors a timeline, and I am having the final meeting with caterer this Saturday and running some last minute errands.
  • Options

Yay for you!! I have already given my vendors a timeline, and I am having the final meeting with caterer this Saturday and running some last minute errands.
    We're getting everything together to take up to the venue THIS Thursday!!! =)=) Timeline is almost about done and we even figured out cars (had to with so many people vs who was drinking/not drinking).

Did my final dress fitting last night! Everything is perfect, just hoping that no one or myself steps on my dress to break the bustle.

I'm hoping to get everything done O.O!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    All I am worried about is wedding favors. Please suggest me a place that sells good wedding gifts and favors. Really confused and searching for it daily .
  • Options
    Well, we are doing a candy buffet, so I can't really help you there. But have you tried typing in google "best wedding favors"? Might help. Then once you decide on what you want, google that particular item. Hope that was helpful. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you so much.
  • Options
    @rubycollins - did that help? What did you decide on? I'd love to hear :)
  • Options
    CLI242009CLI242009 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    rubycollins - We are doing favors. They are favor boxes in the shape of a slice of cake/pie and inside we filled them with FI and my favorite candies (KITKAT AND Reese's Mini Cups).

When the doors open to let the guests into the ballroom for the reception, they will see that they have a "piece of cake" already on their plates.

We are also doing a candy buffet. A little treat on your way out kind of thing =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    On the dresses . . . my dress wasn't finished until the day before my wedding.  It was a  little insane.  My husband and the groomsmen also had their outfits being done at the same place, and they were also finished the day before the wedding.  I think my husband was more stressed out than I was though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards