May 2014 Weddings
Options

To-Do List getting smaller

Instead of bringing back an old one of these, I figured we could use a fresh one.  Plus I'm so damn proud of myself I had to brag :)

1.) I have a bra to go under my dress!! (thank you @pumpkinsandturkeys)
2.) I finished decorating my shoes!! (I have superglue fingers, but totally worth it)
3.) Finalized a photographer (at a great price too!!)
4.) Purchased wild flower seeds for our wedding favors
5.) Made the cards for the wedding favors (still need to purchase the mesh baggies, but I have a credit with Party City so thats no problem)
6.) Purchased Wedding Invites!!!
7.) Purchased Stamps for invites
8.) Put together ceremony program
9.) Decided on what I want to do with my hair (still need to find a stylist, but at least now I know what I want)
10.) Decided on officiant (my older brother!!)

I think that is it.  There may be more, but that is the big stuff!!  What have you ladies crossed off your to-do list lately??!! :D
Anniversary

Re: To-Do List getting smaller

• Options
    Oh and I also picked my calligrapher! Excited!!
  • Options
    this weekend I booked a room for the night of the wedding, bought stamps, booked the florist, have my invitation wording and font's just about done!!   I'm feeling good with my accomplishments!   we still have to figure out our honeymoon and I need to book a limo for the wedding, along with the smaller things, but overall doing good!!!
  • Options
    I managed to get my table numbers done this weekend, put together the guest list for the bridal shower for my MOH, and made an appointment for tuxes and flowers. It doesn't sound like a lot, but I'm just happy that I'm finding some time to work on this stuff :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    So far I've... -ordered invites (they should be in this week!) -picked out all the readings and such for our mass -ordered bubbles,ribbon wands, envelope seals, water bottle labels, and jewels (oriental trading rocks!) -ordered unity candle (should be here tomorrow) -ordered jewelry (earrings and necklace came yesterday. Thank you amazon) -ordered tote bags for flower girls. (They shipped Friday) -ordered my headband to match my jewelry -picked FIs tux -picked tux for the groomsmen -going for passport Saturday -looked at apartments (haven't found one we love yet)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Last week was our marathon week:
    - Got tuxes figured out
    - Signed a contract for our DJ
    - Finalized our registry
    - Recieved our wedding rings (from my family jeweler who got us a kick-ass price!!!!)
    - Started on our menu choices

This week:
    - Ordered our invites!!!
    - Got material/supplies to make a belt for my rehearsal dinner dress.
    - My paternal Grandma found her wedding dress.
    - She also offered me her jewelry to wear for the wedding. So that's all figured out!!! (Her pearl earrings she gave me for Christmas two year ago, and a bracelet she offered today! Pic below! It's "gaudy costume from the 50s" as the says, but it's beautiful to me!)
    Anniversary
  • Options

Let's see if I can remember all mine.

1)Booked ceremony/ reception venue- have $50 left to pay, also have guest book

2)Booked Photographer

3) Booked cake lady

4) Booked DJ

5) All my bridal stuff done( dress,shoes, jewelry, etc)

6) Tuxes and BM dresses all taken care of

7) Centerpiece stuff all bought(still need table clothes, napkins, plates, plastic champaign glasses for guests)

8) Bm gifts bought

9) Rings bought

10) Mothers bought their dresses

11) Booked offician

12) Got our personalized champaign flutes, cake and knife set

13) Hotel booked for night of

14) Half of our kids have their attire

15) Booked florist for bouts, corsages( im doing our centerpieces and bouquets

--I think that's it for now. Still have to do a few big ticket things

• Options
    I get to add another!!  The men are going tux shopping this weekend!! (Finally!) FI and I are going to pre-shop on thursday, then him and his BM will be going on saturday. 

Things are really coming together for all of us!!  I'm getting so excited! :D  I can't wait to see our invites!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I was looking on another board yesterday about budgets..I never set one for my self and I didn't have any money saved or put away. So I sat there thinking, how much have I spent so far??So I sat down and remembered all the things I could that was bought for the wedding/ reception. So far my total is only 3,927.05. Not to bad. By the end of it all I might end up spending 6k, might. I think I've done pretty good.
  • Options
    This is my do to list through February

The biggie for me is my day of timeline. Once I have that, I feel like most everything will be sorted.
    Invites- a friend is working on them for me based on a design I saw from another site. I have to find a place to print them.
    Floral- I haven't deposited for this yet. The vendor that we picked is a bit...spacy? I follow her on instagram and facebook, and she does great work and has great reviews, but I am kind of worried
    Dress-I need to get my dress up here (I bought it back home in SC) and have it altered. I also need to find shoes/jewelery
    Transportation- Looking into booking that this week
    Day of location- Booking via airbnb this week
    Centerpieces- ordering sample vellum from online this week to test

And, I think that's it!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    So, it's been a shitty few days for me (anyone who frequents my other fave board knows what I'm talking about), but wedding stuff is going well, thankfully :) The latest updates are that we got our final invite sample and can actually order them now(!); our tablecloths arrived today and they're exactly what I wanted; our table numbers and signs have been shipped; FI's gift for himself and his brother have shipped (pocket watches for each of them); and my jewellery is in the process of being made :)

• Options
    dluberts said:
    I was looking on another board yesterday about budgets..I never set one for my self and I didn't have any money saved or put away. So I sat there thinking, how much have I spent so far??So I sat down and remembered all the things I could that was bought for the wedding/ reception. So far my total is only 3,927.05. Not to bad. By the end of it all I might end up spending 6k, might. I think I've done pretty good.
    That's awesome. I set up a budget, but I blew it out of the water a long time ago. LOL Luckily it wasn't a big deal because it was really just an arbitrary number anyways. I knew I was going to get whatever I wanted.
  • Options
    Got my caterer now, so relieved.Also bought my dads gift and our cake topper.i got dad cuff links.one says father of the bride 5.17.14 the other says I loved her first 1.15.87. Both to represent my birth and wedding and how important he is in m6 life
  • Options
    @dluberts that is really sweet!! I want to give my dad something special as well, I'm just not sure what.  My dad and I did pick our father/daughter dance song.  We will be dancing to Frank Sinatra (is there any other Frank out there? :) ) Too Marvelous for Words.  I can't wait, it is going to be so much fun!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @dluberts I'm an '87 bride, too! Haha

• Options
    Just confirmed our getting ready location! It's a great spot and I got it for a nice price too :)
    Ordered samples for my DIY centerpieces.
    Finishing day of timeline this so I can book our limo on Monday.

Everything is so stressful, but it feels so good to check something off your to do list!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We booked our limo on Wednesday! So glad that's done. Went to visit a hotel for our get ready location today; it was really nice and the staff was very friendly but it's a little expensive just for the one night but we are thinking we are gonna go with it anyways cuz it makes things a lot simpler for the day of. We saw another hotel a few blocks away and went in there after our first hotel just to see what it was like and have something to compare it to, and while they had the better view of the city skyline, the rooms were very small and the service from the staff was not that great (I know we didn't make an appointment like we did with our first hotel, but still if you're gonna take possible customers on a tour, don't just send them up to the roof on their own and say "I'll meet you back downstairs" or "Oh, I can't give you rates, you'll have to call our booking/reservation hotline"). My dad, uncle and grandfather got measured for their tuxes today and we're taking my grandma dress shopping tomorrow. List is getting smaller!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Well. We haven't made much progress lately. With this Wisconsin weather we have been having, my car has been dead ALL week. Between that and work, this has been one of the WORST weeks for me in a while. I've literally just started crying for no reason at times!
    Anyway.

We HAVE managed to:
    - book our rehearsal at the Chapel for the time we want (shes giving us double the time for same price)
    - confirmed what time we will be having dinner at reception hall
    - given a list of addresses to my MOH for the shower
    - have started some "homework" for pre-marital counseling with the Pastor
    - will be printing our invites and programs tomorrow! (yay!)
    - will probably be doing a lot of bow tying for the invites while FI watched Super Bowl

I really failed at my mini to-do list last Sunday :(
  • Options
    Gonna start invitation shopping tomorrow since wedding paper divas has 20% and free shipping right now. Told the man we need to get it done by tue since thats when the the sale ends.Im so excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards