Hawaii
Options

Please help! Need advise for Honolulu wedding! Anything helps :) !!

GonzalesamGonzalesam member
Name Dropper First Comment
edited January 2014 in Hawaii
Hi guys :) I have just begun planning my November 2014 wedding and I have TONS of questions!!! I'm so nervous I have not a single clue where to begin! We plan to marry in Honolulu Hawaii. I haven't booked a single thing :( I've been looking at locations for my ceremony and reception and I think I've narrowed it down to the Ocean Crystal Chapel in the Hilton Hawaiian Village for ceremony and the Coconut club for reception. Has anyone booked either one and maybe have some feedback and/or things I should be looking for in a venue?? Our budget is 20 but I'd really like to spend NO WHERE close to that ;) we have approximately 30 guests attending (possibly less) and we are traveling from mainland (California) so I'm feeling so lost planning a wedding in another state! If anyone has any tips,location suggestions ANYTHING! I'd be more than grateful to hear them! These forums have been super helpful already! Thanks lovely brides! Hope to hear from you soon!!!! Aloha!

Re: Please help! Need advise for Honolulu wedding! Anything helps :) !!

• Options
    Hey just an FYI!!

Coconut club doesn't allow a band or DJ... Only a one person acoustic guitar type thing.

My fiancé and I were super excited about coconut club... Until I asked about restrictions.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Hi!

I am getting married in Honolulu as well and have been doing a ton of research! I've been looking all over for a reception venue and it's been overwhelming, I understand!
    Anywhere in Waikiki that is outdoor space does not allow for a DJ...so that's unfortunate.
    We think we are having our at the Rainbow Suite at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. It has these beautiful accordion style glass window/doors that make it indoor/outdoor space and they do allow for DJs... what kind of party doesn't having dancing?! Dayna Lee, the manager for catering and events is simply wonderful. She is very helpful and very quick to respond to any emails.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards