Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Returnable Preliminary RSVP for Destination Wedding

I'm not sure if some people might be offended by this.  We are having a destination wedding and knowing early in the planning stage of who might be attending would help us manage the guest list as well as budget.  We would include a returnable rsvp card with the 'save the dates'.  Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

Re: Returnable Preliminary RSVP for Destination Wedding

• Options

hkiernan said:
    I'm not sure if some people might be offended by this.  We are having a destination wedding and knowing early in the planning stage of who might be attending would help us manage the guest list as well as budget.  We would include a returnable rsvp card with the 'save the dates'.  Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

Yes, I do.  It's inappropriate to ask guests to RSVP to a STD.

• Options
    You can't ask someone to RSVP to a STD months in advance. Not only is that pushy, but it's also probably not going to help your numbers. Your guest count will probably be way off. For example, an excited guest could easily tell you that they'd love to come, and then 6 months later realize they don't have the time or money to attend. 

As far as your guest list, go ahead and check in with your VIPs about attendance, and then make a budget and see how many guests you can afford to host. Figure out that number, stick to it, and plan for it. 
  • Options
    STD's do not require replies.  Don't do this.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    hkiernan said:

Ditto what PPs said.
    Manage the guest list - does that imply you want to see who can come from your STDs then invite more people? If so -- This is called B listing and it is very rude and will hurt people's feelings. Budget for 100% attendance and then you'll be pleasantly surprised with any savings from declines.

GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards