Rhode Island
Options

Vendor Costs

jodee929jodee929 member
edited February 2014 in Rhode Island

Hi All,

I'm in the beginning stages of planning a 2015 wedding in the Providence area. We found a great venue but it's a little on the expensive side so I'm trying to figure out where I can cut costs to make up for it. The venue is booking fast and I don't want to commit if I can't budget the money from somewhere else. I'm wondering whats the going rate for vendors around Prov? (Flowers, DJs/music, Videographer, Limo/Shuttle) Any help anyone has would be great! Thanks!!!

Re: Vendor Costs

• Options
    It depends on a lot of things. What your budget is,how many guests your expecting, how big a venue you want. In order to get a better idea you should probably give some more details about your plans 
  • Options
    EverAferEverAfer member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    Everything @Joviel said.

Plus season, dates, and area figures in.  You get better prices from some vendors off-season, on a weekday or sunday.  DJs & photographers have flat rates, flowers & transportation depend on how many bouquets/tables/people.

Plus, prices range drastically.  You can have a photographer that starts at $1,200 or one that starts @ $5,000.  I would say, lowest budget for a professional photographer or dj that I've found around RI be $1,500, depending on how long they've been in business, what kind of equipment, staff, etc. Budget savvy brides have found quality professional under those prices, but I found that this # gave me enough to work with. If you want flowers from a florist, expect to spend $50-$100+++ on centerpieces, it depends on whether you want a few flowers that are in season or large/tall centerpieces or flowers that are out of season.

If you're just starting to plan, cushion an extra 20% over budget, just in case. For ex: between taxes and built-in gratuity, we're automatically paying 23% extra for food and alcohol.

We went with a more expensive venue but cut costs in decor/flowers/STDs/invitations and nix transportation (we're having the ceremony and reception in the same place).  DJ and photographer/videographer was a must, so they got more budget.  Generally, you can find inexpensive ways to do the decor/flowers/invitation if you are crafty.  And bundling also help, ie. djs that includes uplighting or a photo/video package.

Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards