Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Shower Etiquette Fail

2»

Re: Shower Etiquette Fail

• Options
    aurianna said:
    I don't usually share these with my husband but I had to read these two...

his response...

"They might as well start cold calling people. 'Hey! I woke up today and wasn't dead. Give me $50!' 'I just took a crap. I need 50 cents. My bowel still works. Praise the lord! Jesus wants you to give me money for the continuing health of my GI tract!'"
    <---- tears coming out of my face
  • Options

"We've decided we should do something special for our anniversary.  Unfortunately we can't afford to.  But becaue we're very special snowflakes who DESERVE to have a very special 12th anniversary, we would like those of you who COULD afford it to give us the money.  Why would you want to spend your hard earned money on yourself instead of our very special 12th anniversary celebration (which won't even include you)?"

I.  Do.  Not.  Understand.  People  These.  Days.

Is this purely something that happens in the US?  Because if so, seriously, when I have kids I need to move abroad.  I don't want to raise children in a place where this kind of thing is happening with so much regularity.  NO ONE "DESERVES" ANYHTHING.  IF YOU WANT SOMETHING YOU HAVE TO EARN IT.  Sigh.

• Options
    Maybe this poster and the guy asking for donations on Facebook are friends?

I vote everyone starts doing this.  But, ME FIRST!!  I really want a Lexus.  Or a BMW.  My car drives OK, and I've chosen to spend my money elsewhere, but don't I deserve a luxury car even though I can't afford one (yet)?
  • Options
    Oh lord have mercy, I just saw one of these 5 mins ago.

A friend of mine who currently doesn't have a job posts "Hey if you want to get me anything for my birthday, you can get me..." and then a list of stuff she wants. "P.S. My birthday is on the 18th." If your parents want to know, tell them. Don't tell the entire internet.

I love her but UGH.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    I feel like Facebook is degrading into a look at how miserable I am now give me money type of place.  Maybe its just my circle of "friends" but almost all of it is whining about how life sucks or a continuous string of poor me, help me out becasue I don't want to do something about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards