Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Exchange rates equal budget review!! Welcome/Afterparty Ideas?

Now that we've officially put cash down for our Ceremony at Wynn's Primrose Courtyard, and our Reception in their LaTache Room,... we kind of have to reasses our budget... We didn't think that the exchange rate would be so terrible. Our USD 6500 deposit turned into AUD 7600!!! So... with this in mind, we have to review our plans.

We're going to cut down on the floral, harpist and might even have to scrap the welcome bags. We might get the grooms to pay for a portion of their suits, and cut down on the budget for BM dresses/gifts. Depending on if the AUD improves, we might even have to downgrade the plated dinner package at the Wynn to ditch the extra dessert! We are still going to have major hen's and buck's parties though (we are big party kids) but we're re-assing our plans for the Welcome Lunch, and the Afterparty.

I'm hoping we can find somewhere decent for the Welcome Lunch/Brunch with our new budget of USD 1200 for about 60 people (10 would be kids). Do you guys have any suggestions? I was thinking a buffet would be the logical choice?

Also, has any had an Afterparty at one of the clubs? We LOVED TAO, and LAVO when we went last year... and was hoping to get a table at either of these clubs, but I have no clue how they price these things... any advice?

Wedding is in April 2015 and we are paying everything cash and by ourselves - no help from the relatives - which is why we're planning so early!!

Re: Exchange rates equal budget review!! Welcome/Afterparty Ideas?

• Options
    Bottle service (i.e. private table) at the trendy clubs are quite expensive if you're talking weekend nights, and still rather pricey for week day.  Most popular clubs along the strip are going to require a bottle be purchased for every four to eight people and those are probably going to be in the $300 to $500 range, plus 20% mandatory gratuity for the server.

You may want to feel things out with Chris from http://www.freevegasclubpasses.com/  He's a promoter that can typically swing better deals since he knows how to scratch the right backs at each club.  He's really responsive via email and text.  I was sitting at N9NE having dinner once at the Palms on a Saturday night with my wife; we wanted to go to Ghostbar and the wait was an hour.  I texted him, 10 minutes later we were on the list, I paid 1/2 price cover, she was free, we waited five minutes in the vip line.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    I have a large amount of friends who work in the nightlife industry in Vegas and I was talking to a few of them this week at getting a table for 20 at XS and that would cost me 2500. so that gives you an idea of what the cost would be depending on your group size. I decided to not get a table I will be getting girls in free with free drinks and guys will be discounted with 1 free drink :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options

@Jixxt I feel your pain with the exchange rate! Luckily for us, we paid most deposits at around $1.07 now its like $0.86. Oh well - Vegas is still a good deal compared to most things back here in Australia where minimum wage is over $16 an hour and booze packages can just about bankrupt your wedding budget. Stay positive.

With the After Party - how about you just organise free entry/guest list instead of bottle/table service. Or if you want to do bottle service - organise it for the bachelor/bachelorette night and get everyone to pitch in.

We are having our Welcome Lunch at Roadrunner Saloon cos the liqour prices and menus met our budget (even including the cost of transporting our guests out there). Something closer to the strip at a great lunch time budget ($15p/p) is Brio at Town Square. Check out their function menus. The ONLY reason we didnt book with them is cos our reception is at Maggianos and I didnt want to only feed our guests Italian for the whole trip.

On the Strip - try Grand Lux at the Palazzo, they seemed really reasonable with their function pricing.

Welcome Bags - AMAZON is your best friend! We are getting enough stuff to do 48 welcome hangover kits and snack packs (advil, pepto, emergen-c, energy drinks, gum, instant ice packs, poker chip gummy lollies, doritos, granola bars, antiseptic wipes, jolly rancher pops, water, shout stain remover and a whole heaps of other American candy/treats) for just over $200USD! They don't have to be elaborate! We ordered extra snack stuff for the kids packs (we will have 2 at ours). We were going to package them in gable boxes - but decided to save $$ by just buying some nice gift bags and tissue paper here in Australia and travelling with them. I also used VistaPrint to design and print my own welcome/thank you cards for the bags.

Chin up fellow Aussie - your wedding (even with this crappy exchange rate) will ROCK!

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Options
    Thank you guys.

@missmo14 the exchange rate really took me by surprise!! I didn't realise it would be such a bit difference.  Have just shot an email off to Brio and Grand Lux. Hopefully their response is good!! This is a bit terrible but I'm hoping people will ditch the welcome lunch for sightseeing!! haha.  I vaguely recall seeing your plans for your bachelorette... i need to find them, and steal some ideas!

• Options

@Jixxt I have pm'd you my bachelorette party website. It started elaborate ie, dinner, drinks, party bus. burlesque dancing, strippers and table service somewhere. But reality and my budget kicked in so we decided to only host the party bus, burlesque dancing, everyone is paying for their own hunk mansion entry and we have arranged a guest list / hosted entry to a club. We are starting the 'official' party at 8pm so a group of us will probably pitch in for platters of food and have a few drinks in our suite before we go out.

If your guests are anything like mine... they wont miss the welcome party! Especially if it means free food and booze... and seeing you ofcourse ;-).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Jixxt - do you mind me asking what your package was at the Wynn ballroom?

I've been trying to get in touch with them with no luck - so I'd like an idea of what they offer to see if it's worth me pushing??

Thanks!

• Options
    @missmo14 thanks for the links.

@nicolajane81 for the reception, we are going with the Daisy Package ($135pp) and upgrading to Premium Liquor - for now that is... we *might* have to change to the Daffodil Package ($80pp) if over 60people end up flying to Vegas.

Who have you been liasing with? I have been communicating with catering through Darlene at the Wedding Salons and she is AMAZING.Actually, everyone at the salons is great.. just shoot them an email and they will surely help you. 
  • Options

The wedding salon people have been trying, they told me to ring them, but I'm in the UK so need email really. The restaurant people emailed me and I also asked them to put me in touch with ballrooms, but they didn't. Also sent a general email to catering@wynn.com, but heard nothing back.

We've gone with Maggianos instead - based on the packages we got from the restaurants, I think we would get more for our money there.

• Options

We're having our rehearsal dinner/meet and greet type event at The Peppermill. They were very friendly and accomodating. I wanted to be able to pay for the dinner for the wedding party but not have to book a whole room with a deposit (which is what my 2nd choice, strip burger, wanted). And they work with you for your budget. You can have a set lunch menu for $22/person (which would be a touch over your budget) or let your guests order off the menu. Assuming some of them will get sandwiches/breakfast, those items will be around the $10-15 range, which could save you some money. You can see sample menus here: http://www.usmenuguide.com/peppermillmenu.html

We're having a dinner in the restaurant side at 6 PM for 18 people (and they are adding some nice linens to match our wedding colors for $3/pp) and then moving over to the lounge at 8 PM where everyone can meet us at no extra cost. They will even let everyone pay for their own drinks and not charge a minimum for holding space for ~40 people! I love it! I've never eaten at the Peppermill, but it has so many good reviews that I thought it's gotta be okay.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @nicolajane81 I was just about to PM you my girls contact, then I read you went with Maggianos, which is a great choice too...Yes, I am the first to admit that Wynn isn't the most intelligent choice, moneywise... but it is beautiful, and Greg (my other half) is adamant that our celebrations be top notch/amazing/best in Vegas... he sometimes forgets that we need $$$ to get these things! haha, see what I'm dealing with.. he is totally the BRIDEZILLA!

@Marlaina2014 Thanks so much for the heads up on Peppermill, I will check it out and let you know how it goes. thank you!!
  • Options
    Lol @Jixxt my FI is the same. It must be an Aussie thing. Its like "everybody is traveling all that way... it has to be AMAZING!"

We knew we had to host more than just the wedding so we have thrown in some extra events just like you. Peppermill is awesome! We are going there after VooDoo on our bachelor/bachelorette night out before the after hours club LOL! But its not an 'event' so everyone will be paying for themselves.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We were talking about this 2 days ago and how glad we were to pay off the majority of the wedding back in the summer when the dollars were almost par. Had we got the same exchange rate as you, we would have to be looking at our budget again as well. :( I am sure you will make it all work out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks Jixxt - we actually heard back from the Wynn today and while the menus sound AMAZING, I think the pricing made me feel happy I went with maggianos. We're also doing a night before and day after thing as people are travelling so far.
    Our £ to $ rate isn't too bad at the moment, so trying to book as much up as possible now!
  • Options
    I feel your pain! We've got the same problem. Not looking forward to having to pay out so much more with the exchange rate being so bad :(
  • Options
    Same problem here in Canada! We are paying off as much as possible before the dollar drops to $0.80 this summer! 
  • Options

Aussie here too... I havent even looked at the exchange rate ! im trying to pretend it doesnt exsist. Luckily we have a friend who gets paid in USD for his business.... in cash. So he exchanges our maney for us and gives us a really good deal. a few weeks ago he gave us  rate of 97c... so we were stoked. We will keep exchanging cash.... and pay as much as we can in cash.

• Options
    Thats awesome! When is your wedding?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Was talking to a friend yesturday, and he mentioned this product: http://auspost.com.au/travel-id/cash-passport.html

Looks like it could help us out with payments and losing $$ to the exchange rate/bank fees!
  • Options
    We are getting a travellers card with nab for all our cash withdrawals over in the states.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards