Wisconsin
Options

Marcus Center or Ovation Catering

Has anyone been to or had their wedding at the Marcus Center for the Performing arts or used Ovation Catering at a different venue?  Any good/bad/ok experiences?

Re: Marcus Center or Ovation Catering

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used them for my fall 2006 wedding. I cannot say enough good things about them. We chose a duet for dinner and had open bar all night. Our guests were taken care of all night. We also had our ceremony there, downstairs as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked into Ovation catering for our reception at the Marcus Center and spoke with Julie who would have been our coordinator. She seemed great and willing to work for us. At that time my FH and I really wanted the downtown outdoor wedding and after a month of searching, Ovation was the most reasonably priced catering business in the downtown area. We are getting marring outside the city so I cannot help you anymore. Good luck and see if you can speak with Julie... she is knowledgeable and a hard worker.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did not have our wedding there only because 5-6 of my husband's friends had theirs there.  However, they ALL LOVED it!!!  I believe they have one of the best open bar packages, too?  Could be wrong, but I think I remember them saying that...good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually just booked my August 2010 wedding at the Marcus Center.  After looking at probably every reception venue in the downtown area it came out that the Marcus Center had eveything we wanted (the outdoor space, parking structure, a close hotel, and reasonable pricing).  A friend had her reception there a couple years ago and said it was perfect, besides the potatoes not being fully cooked and the cake cutting was kind of sloppy.  But those are just small details. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Ovation Catering @ our venue (Cuvee) and working with Julie right now. She is awesome and I only hear great things about their food and service (Our tasting is this week! Can't wait! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards