Wedding Reception Forum

Jenga Guest Book

Has anyone ever done one of these? Should I do one? Are these tacky? I want something other than the normal guestbook, but everything I look at is either to expensive or I dont want to do it. Example Thumprint tree- no thanks.

Re: Jenga Guest Book

• I like it. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • This sounds really cool, how does it work?  Do you set up the blocks in a tower and guests pull them out and write on them?  That is fun, but what happens if the tower falls over?  How do you make sure no blocks are lost? 

And what "punishment" befalls the person who knocked the tower down?  You could come up with something very fun and cute for that.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I just saw this on Four Weddings the other day (I'm a little behind on my DVR) and I thought it was really cute. It looked like they had them set up and people were writing on them and then building a new tower with the ones that were signed. 
  • I figured the Jenga pieces would just be laid out, and guests would get to sign a piece, and then put it in a bowl or box or something. The bride and groom would be able to play Jenga with it later, not as the wedding!

Similar ideas I've heard of are signing blank puzzle pieces, or stones (like the kind you put in a vase). 
  • Ive seen people set them up in the tower and then people take them out of the tower and write on them and then put the finished ones in a glass bowl. I really like the idea of some sort of "punishment" if you are the one to cause the tower to fall.
  • The blocks are acctually pretty cheap. I found some on Etsy for 100 blocks for only about $40, so if one or two got lost in people taking them out it wouldnt be that bad.
  • dmkeuck said:
    The blocks are acctually pretty cheap. I found some on Etsy for 100 blocks for only about $40, so if one or two got lost in people taking them out it wouldnt be that bad.
    I'd more concerned about loosing a few that had already been signed.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I'm doing this! I'm just going to have a little sign that say "Sign a Jenga piece and help us build memories". I havent decided if I'm going to set it up as a tower though.
  • I like the Jenga idea with a fun punishment for knocking them off, though I could see potentially losing some. That would be a bummer.

How about hanging names on some kind of pretty cord with the names of the guests, then have a polaroid, for the guests to take a photo of each other? They can use a sharpie to write a note on the back of their photo. You can have a few sharpies at the table so multiple people can sign at one time, then they can replace their name cards with the signed photos! You could even use the cards with names on them as their table place cards.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards