Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Rehersal Dinner Food

We are a young and paying for this wedding ourselves. I was thinking about having a taco bar for the RD? It's nicer then ordering in a bunch of $5 pizzas? I'm guessing around 25-30 people? What do you think? Should I order sandwiches instead?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehersal Dinner Food

• I think pizzas would be easier and less messy/time consuming then a taco bar.

• I agree with Maggie. Pizza is easier to eat than tacos, and they're both equally casual foods.
  • Also there is really no rule for the formality of RD. Our wedding is very formal but the RD is most likely going to be pizza. We will have around 60 people because we are inviting out-of-towners and we simply can't afford to do something fancy. Offering pizza or sandwich platters is perfectly fine.
  • sounds fine.  Although I would prefer the pizza.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • awesome! I didn't know if I was being too informal. Glad to see I'm not!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hubby and I hosted our parents, siblings and BP at our home after the rehearsal, and we had pizza and wine.  Everyone seemed to really enjoy.  Tacos are just as casual as pizza, and probably a touch more work on your part.  The RD can be as formal or informal as you please.
  • We did pizza and it was perfect for our  RD crowd. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I agree pizza sounds delicious and appropriate, but also remember to account for dietary restrictions! If you have anyone who can't eat gluten, a lot of pizza places these days can do gluten free crusts. Or you could have another option (a substantial salad?).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards