Offbeat Weddings
Options

tacky color dilemma?!

Needless to say I am not the best planner... When my guy and I got engaged I picked a holly green for the bridesmaid dress and Vera Wang Grey tuxedos for the men with same color green bow tie. I have now decided that I want to add a bold Black and White striped table runner to the equations. Any ideas on how I can make this work. Suggestions or photos would be appreciated.

Tacky Bride?

Re: tacky color dilemma?!

• Options
    I don't see what the problem is. Gray, black and white are all neutrals.
  • Options

I love my idea, it's getting it to all come together and look planned and cohesive. Right now it looks very random.

• Options
    It'll be fine as long as there isn't too much black & white pattern. Tables runners sounds good; wall hangings, centerpieces, cake, etc with stripes everywhere would likely feel overwhelming.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You should add black and white elements in other areas and you add grey and green elements to other areas so it doesn't look random. For example, maybe your centerpieces have all colors in them and your cake table has some stripes and green accents. Make sense?
  • Options
    Thank you edandy. I have decided to purchase green wine glasses for the tables. Also I will be using black and white striped ribbon on the bouquets and boutonnieres. Hopefully it will turn out if not, its an open bar. lol
  • Options
    It sounds like you are finding ways to incorporate it all the colors nicely. Keep it up and soon you won't feel like you mixed two color schemes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The green/white/black colour combo sounds BOLD to me, but not tacky.  They do not clash or anything.  Like PP's have suggested, try tying in this combination elsewhere - invites, seating chart, centrepieces, other decor.

Here are some images from google.  I couldn't really find ideas with holly green but here are some close examples that might give you some sort of idea:

• Options
    I think you will be fine, the bridal party & the table runners will be in limited photos together. The colors that you will more often will be the ones that your party wears as that is what will be in your pictures. I think with adding green accents to the table that the black & white will look just fine.
  • Options

thanks for the boost of confidence ladies! I just purchased all the fabric to make my bold striped table runners. There is no turning back now. I am having colorful centerpieces with lots of filler greens. Not only will that help my budget but it is also helping the big picture.

Now my issue is the uplighting. I was going to use the same green however, I am afraid it will look a little too much like the emerald city from the Wizard of Oz. As great as that movie is I don't want that for my wedding look. Any suggestions?  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards