Not Engaged Yet

Hey! I miss everyone!

So, life has been slammed for me! I hardly have time to hop over here and talk to you ladies. But, no homework tonight! YAY, so I will spend a bit of time on the board today trying to catch up with everyone.

So... Catching up
FI met cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. in Wisconsin right before Christmas. It went great! My parents have finally finalized their own divorce papers (I was so happy I almost cried at work when I heard). I started my semester at school and am currently fighting to get my apartment complex to clean my carpets for me. I also started a 2nd part time job last week at my FIL's as a secretary. I have to say, I am loving the job! I wish I could quit job #1 and work for them all the time! I might even look into getting the official certificate for it and choose it as a potential career.

How about everyone else? How is life going?

Re: Hey! I miss everyone!

• Aw! At least someone was thinking of me :-)

It is a secretary position at a law firm. Both of his parents are lawyers. I answer phones, update client information, get the mail, put together binders for clients/court/etc., and other odds and ends. Time goes fast too when my FMIL is sending me pictures of wedding dresses lol!

The certificate I am thinking about going for is either paralegal or legal secretary. I never thought law was interesting until FFIL gave me a few binders to work on.
  • @TwoDimes, how have you been? Anything new?

• Wow, sounds like some big changes on the way! It can be so hard to be patient/understanding when you SO job is in question. *sigh* I can only imagine what happens when FI and I are done with our undergrad this year.

Any place in particular your BF is applying to?
  • Hi, welcome back! I'm glad that you're loving the new job. 

Life is good here. Nothing new to report, really. I'm boring. 

• Welcome back! I'm glad you found a good job!

Life goes on much as it has the past age here.
  • Welcome back! I'm glad you're enjoying your new position!

• Hi, psychbabe! I was JUST thinking about you the other day - good to see your name pop up. :) I'm glad the new job is going so well, and I think paralegal would be such an interesting career. I know one woman who did it for a few decades; she is in nursing school right now with me and hopes to combine the two as a nurse paralegal, so safe to say she really liked it. It just seems like one of those jobs where you never have to stop learning.

Life for me has been pretty standard. Just trying to negotiate my way through this post-break-up period and be a kickass nursing student. I started my pediatric nursing class this week, and it's been INSANE. But it's a lot of fun, and the instructors are absolutely wonderful, so it'll be a good semester. :)

I see you're so close to graduation! Too exciting!

• Welcome back! We missed you! Congrats on the job. My best friend works at an attorney's office part time. She likes it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Welcome back!! Glad to hear you're loving your new position!

• @Swazzle – I’m sure you are not boring!

@CloGreenEyes –Wow, a nurse paralegal.  I could combine my mom and my FIL all in one career (my mom is a nurse!) How is nursing school? My mom recently got a new position to start up a nursing program at a private college in WV. She moves in less than a month! Also, 6 months! Can you believe you are so close? I have to change mine *sigh* I failed my Chem class (62% of the class got an F though… so I don’t feel too terrible about it). With this development, I am looking at graduating in Fall of 2014 instead :-)

@Kait –Do you happen to know what kind of office?

Also, HI TO EVERYONE ELSE!!! So good to see your little pictures on my screen :-)

• @psychbabe314, that sucks about Chem! Such a difficult class, and so much of the time a student's success can depend on how well the professor does his/her job. What a pain to have to take it again, but then you'll be free! :) Congrats to your mom on the new position - sounds so exciting (if stressful)!

I know, six months feel so close. I keep wondering when I'm gonna start feeling like a real nurse, lol.

• Welcome back! I'm glad you are loving your new job, life is always so much better when you like your job :) There is nothing new in my life, I'm boring.

• lol, @bethsmiles I'm sure you are not boring either! Jeez, everyone thinks they are boring ;-)
  • @psychbabe314, defense attorney. I guess he has a habit of taking the tough cases.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Kait said:
    @psychbabe314, defense attorney. I guess he has a habit of taking the tough cases.
    Wow, lol. My office specialized in Employment Law and they hired on a brand new lawyer who specializes in divorce.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards