Chit Chat

NWR: Grumpy :(

I just had one of those days today.

--7:30am: woke up to find a poop explosion in my house.  My sister and her dog slept over, and the dog had the farty-pants all day yesterday, so I think it was the dog.  I woke up and there was poop EVERYWHERE.  All over our bathroom floor and all over the carpet in the hallway.  Gross.  And smelly.  And nobody else was awake so I had to clean it up myself.  Freakin dog, she's lucky she's cute.
--This morning on the way to my part-time job, no fewer than three different subway singers/panhandlers came on my subway car within 20 minutes of each other.  All of them were loud and obnoxious, none of them were talented, and I'M JUST DONE with all this touristy Super Bowl crap.  There are so many more panhandlers because there are more tourists and I just hate it.
--This afternoon in class, I realized the add/drop period closed before I dropped one final class I needed to drop.  So now I have this extra class I don't need, but I will get a W if I withdraw from it at this point (or I can just take the class for a grade... but it gets out at 8:00pm and I really don't want to.  And I don't need it for graduation).  I emailed the dean to see if they can let me still drop it.
--On the way home, the guy in front of me on the subway platform got one inch inside the subway car and just stopped in his tracks.  His huge backpack was blocking me, so I got squished in the car doors as they closed.  Ouch.
--Then another guy accidentally PUNCHED ME IN THE FACE on the subway while the car jerked and he reached out his hand to grab the pole.  He connected directly with my forehead instead.  It was obviously an accident and he apologized, but it really hurt.
--Long story short, I did not have keys to the house today because my sister needed them.  Fi was not picking up either the house phone (which is also our doorbell/intercom buzzer) or his cell phone while I called him and texted him over the course of an hour and a half on my way home.  I got off the train in Jersey and he still wasn't picking up, then my phone died (went from 25% to dead... great).  So I was stuck at the train station and didn't want to go home because he obviously wasn't there if not picking up the home phone.  Finally I plugged my iPad in at a Starbucks and Skyped him.  He picked up and was totally oblivious because he "didn't have my phone near me, and I didn't hear the house phone."  So... he didn't notice that I was half an hour late coming home.  And I always call him at 6 when my class is out, so for an hour and a half as far as he knew, I was MIA and he didn't even notice.

Fi didn't make things better when he finally came to pick me up, by arguing about how/why he didn't see my texts and calls.  I may or may not have yelled and cursed a little bit.  

We went to my favorite taco place, where I drank the hell out of a yummy margarita.  And ate guacamole and two delicious tacos.  I'm still pretty riled up, though.  >:[
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: NWR: Grumpy :(

• ::ALL THE WINE::

I'm so sorry, that sounds like such a crappy day.

And bad, bad, BAD FI for not noticing!!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Awwww I'm sorry you had such a crappy day! If it makes you feel any better, sometimes FI is so caught up in his damn ipad game he doesn't notice that I'm like an hour and a half late coming home. But at least you got to have some yummy margarita!!!! That is my FAVORITE drink. 
    This superbowl stuff is pretty crazy in the city, huh? I've heard from coworkers about supercrowded trains and stuff.

Well I am sending you a shot of *tequila!!!!*
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• edited January 2014
    Ugh, I'm sorry sweetie! That's a beyond awful day. Maybe focus on the day ending on a high note with the margarita, tacos, and what was probably super yummy guacamole?

Edited to add: I think I'm grumpy, too. I just lost it on FI for telling me repeatedly that I'm "not even watching the show" because I'm on my iPad. Hello, I'm a woman -- I can multi-task.

• Sorry you had such a crappy day.
  • Sorry your day was crappy, but I'm glad it's ending with a margarita!

And here are some giraffes! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • *sends copious amounts of wine and chocolate*

What a sucktastic day. Luckily, things only get better from here!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Just to let you know, the W isn't a huge deal if you don't have a ton of them. I had four credits due to an issue with a very sexist a-hole professor and I still got into Stanford. I asked about it (after I got in) and no one cared. They know that stuff happens. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aw, thanks ladies.  I got some furbaby cuddles and am drinking a beer, so... slowly getting better.  The giraffes gave me a giggle.

I told Fi I posted on here and he wishes to point out that he was not playing a video game.  He was watching The Sopranos.  ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Just to let you know, the W isn't a huge deal if you don't have a ton of them. I had four credits due to an issue with a very sexist a-hole professor and I still got into Stanford. I asked about it (after I got in) and no one cared. They know that stuff happens. 
    Thanks.  This is my last semester of law school, it's a two-credit course, and I've already signed a contract for my post-grad job... hopefully if I do have to take the W, it won't end up biting me in the ass.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Haha, that still doesn't make it any better for FI!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Lol @pinkcow13 Fi was hoping he would get off easy!  And btw I saw your nickname is TP?  Fi's friends all call me PT.  I keep hoping they'll grow out of it, but no luck so far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Haha, he can't get off easy with us knotties! Yea, my nickname is TP- that is so funny that FI's friends call you PT! We def lead parallel lives lol
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

Thanks.  This is my last semester of law school, it's a two-credit course, and I've already signed a contract for my post-grad job... hopefully if I do have to take the W, it won't end up biting me in the ass.
    If they hired you already, it won't hurt your GPA, so they shouldn't care. It isn't like failing a class. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @blueeyes90 thanks!  I know it wouldn't have been the end of the world.

And-- I talked to the registrar yesterday and they said they'll make an exception and not give me the W, because there was no wait list for the class.  Yay!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @blueeyes90 thanks!  I know it wouldn't have been the end of the world.

And-- I talked to the registrar yesterday and they said they'll make an exception and not give me the W, because there was no wait list for the class.  Yay!
    Yay!!
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards