Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Venue Woes: Arlington Hall

EZRydzEZRydz member
First Comment Name Dropper
edited January 2014 in Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Hi ladies,

I have a somewhat strange situation. 50 days before my wedding, I walk into a 'final details' meeting with venue staff at Arlington Hall at Lee Park in Dallas and they tell me that the day prior they booked ANOTHER wedding on my date for 350 people. They will be taking over a large portion of the park right next to the hall itself-- (we keep the hall).... it was a 'last minute emergency' for the other couple. I was completely floored. We will be using it for ceremony space as well as reception. Ceremony is supposed to be outside. Everything I had been told all along was the park and the building would be mine and they would not double book on the same property at the same time. But it doesnt seem to be explicit in the contract? Has anyone ever heard of something like this? Has anyone been to a wedding at Arlington Hall where there have been 2 weddings simultanously? My wedding size will be about 120 people so theirs will clearly be obvious. I am still just processing my feelings/anger about this. I am generally a pretty calm bride, but this has really thrown me.

Re: Venue Woes: Arlington Hall

• Options
    Take a look at your contact after you've calmed down to make sure there's nothing in there about double booking, then call the coordinator or manager or whomever you've been dealing with. Even if it isn't in your contract that they can't double book, they are still obligated to give you what you've paid for, which is a great space to host your event. Especially if you paid for space that is now being occupied by this other wedding (which should be spelled out in your contract).

Hopefully the coordinator at the venue will be able to come up with a solution that makes you happy.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards