May 2014 Weddings

most emotional time

So whats been the most emotional time for you guys yet? What really gets your eyes teary? For me its my dad. Im such a daddys girl and everytime I think about him walking me down the aisle I get so teary! Even more than the thought of being at the altar, or seeing my groom for the first time! 

Re: most emotional time

• After our first dance as husband and wife, we are doing a first "family dance" with my 8 year old daughter to "Three Little Birds". It's been my daughter's favorite song for the longest time, and just thinking about the 3 of us having a moment together with that song brings happy tears :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think id like to do somthing with my 3 boys like that.maybe not an announced dance but maybe a special song for each of them.mommy and son, one at a time
  • Our vows. We both got a little emotional talking with our officiant about our vows. We're doing the traditional "repeat after me" vows but then are doing personal vows when we do the rings. I'm probably going to cry the entire time!
  • i think my dad moments will be the more emotional parts for me as well.   I'm the youngest and only girl in the family, so im def a daddy's girl.   my father had a stroke and is disabled. he can't walk more than a short distance but he is going to try to walk me downt the aisle...his wheel chair will need to be close behind, for him to sit if it's to much for him.  he also plans on having his dance with me, even if he's in his wheel chair.  
  • I haven't gotten teary yet.  I'm not really a crier though either.  I did cry over the invite list though, but those were tears of frustration. lol.  I probably won't be doing much crying until either the rehearsal dinner, (cause toasts will be given then) and probably the wedding day.  I'm hoping I don't weep the entire way down the isle cause I want nice pictures for the wedding! lol.
    Anniversary
  • Oh!! I take that back!  I did have a moment when I made a decision on my dress and it was just my mom and I.  I got my dress at DB and any of you who may have purchased there would know.  But they have you ring a bell as it is your first wedding bell and then say you found your dress.  So that moment, and then hugging my mom in thanks for the dress (it was over budget so I was more then excited and grateful for her generosity.)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards