Second Weddings

NWR: Just a Question

MikesAngieMikesAngie member
Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
edited January 2014 in Second Weddings
This is more for those who do not have children with their ex.  How often since you both have moved on do you hear from your ex?  If you hear from your ex routinely was the divorce a mutual desire?  

The reason I ask is two-fold I'm curious and the other is I need to vent so that I will be more calm when I begin making phone calls.  

My ex has been harassing me and stalking me since I left.  Granted he is a controlling- attention seeking- drama wanting- psycho but there is a No Contact Order in place, and he has moved on (actually he did that in July of 2008, and I moved out March of 2009) and I moved almost 1000 miles away. Yesterday I received in the mail items he had no right in taking (in July of 2008) and hiding from me legal documents and pictures of my deceased father from my childhood. They were mailed from his place of business - they should have come from an attorney's office; to my home address.  The envelope was addressed to my married last name as well. He in his simple way of thinking believes that should he scrawl a note on a pilfered piece of letterhead with attorneys names on it I won't call the court. Obviously he "forgot" who I am or maybe never knew.. anyway I need to make some calls and see what can be done about this.  I should probably talk to an attorney locally and file another Restraining Order/ Anti-Stalking Order or No Contact Order in my jurisdiction. It's been almost 5 years and he still refuses to let me be.  I have absolutely ZERO interest in him - anything else would be a waste of my precious energy and time.

Done for now... Thank you for listening and if you answer thank you for that too. 

UPDATE:  The Ex is not a client of the legal offices the letterhead is from, I knew that but I needed to confirm it before I call the court.  This just proves how little he knew me. 

Re: NWR: Just a Question

• Wow! That sucks…
    I don't have kids with my ex. I heard form him through the whole divorce process, he didn't want one, but he didn't have a choice in the matter - I left him after 8 months of marriage. I convinced him it was for the best and "if he got help we could always get back together later, but needed to get divorced now." We got divorce and nothing for 4 months. Then I got a creepy letter expressing his love and he started calling constantly for a few days. I told him I had moved on and haven't heard from him since. I still keep loose tabs on him (where he lives and works) so I can avoid any place I would risk coming in contact with him.

Was it in his hand writing? No chance his co-worker sent them for him? Maybe, he is sending them bc he has moved on, maybe? We can hope? I'm sorry you are still dealing with him. I can't imagine what I would do if I still had to deal with my ex, it would be awful!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• @photokitty yes it was in his handwriting.   He moved on in July of 2008 and is still with her. I moved out in March 2009 - because of a lot of very creepy things and one very creepy letter as well.  

I was told by the Court who issued the No Contact Order to contact my local police so now I am waiting for officers to come to my house. 

• An Officer came - and well there is nothing that they can do because there isn't a No Contact Order against the ex in my state... But a report was taken the Order that I had is now with that file and I will have to go to court to get one in my state.  

One would think a 67 year old male would have better things to do than harass his ex wife. 

Just another reminder of why he's an ex.
  • One would think...sorry you have to deal with this bozo still. Take care of yourself :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• UGH. So sorry to hear about this!

I do not have any kids with my ex and I rarely heard from him after the divorce was final. I had to call him a few times to take some of business-type items in the first year after we were divorced, but to be honest, I have no idea where he is right now!!!

I really hope you can work something out so you feel safe.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards