California-Orange County

Budget-friendly photographers in Orange County?

Is there such a thing as a wedding photographer that doesn't cost and arm and a leg? It seems like every photographer I've spoken with wants an arm and a leg.
I mean, a lot of them have packages and are not willing to deviate from some such packages. My wedding is going to be pretty small- about fifty people tops, go from 11 AM to 2 or 3, and we don't have a bridal party.

My fiancee and I are paying for our wedding ourselves, and we're hoping to get a decent photographer for under $1000. Is that even possible? I've done a lot of homework on yelp and internet searches, but I'm at my wit's end trying to find a photographer that is in our budget. Please let me know if anyone out there has a suggestion or advice.
Thank you in advance!

Re: Budget-friendly photographers in Orange County?

• Hi coffinbabe,

My photographer (Stefani Welsh) is pretty reasonable. She's younger but has been photographing weddings since she was 16! Since your wedding isn't too long time-wise she might be able to give you a reasonable price!

Here's her web page: http://www.stefaniwelsh.com/

(My fiancé and I are actually featured on her blog right now!!)

Hope she can help!

• Check out TrishaRymzsaPhotography.com my fiancé & I booked her for our wedding in July & she has a pretty reasonable package for the budget you are looking to stay in!
  • The cheapest we could find was George Street and it was still $1800-ish for 8 hours of coverage. Also it may be a disaster, I have no idea.
  • 714hbbride714hbbride member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2014
    Karl Verkade. He is very down to earth, willing to customize and has packages for "small weddings" that are only a few hours like you mentioned. He has been very easy to work with and extremely accommodating. 

Here is his website. Scroll to the bottom for his "Smaller Packages."  All but one of those packages is under $1k. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• My fiance and I just booked Sweet Blooms Photography today! Her website didnt seem to be completely finished but she was in our price range and we decided to meet anyways.  

Her albums were stunning...probably the best out of the 3 that we've met with and her pricing was the best also! 

For $1650, we are getting:
    engagement shoot
    6 hours coverage - 2 photographers
    fancy album
    Online hosting and all that good stuff

She just loves what she does and I could tell she was just super excited about shooting our wedding.  I felt the best connection with her out of all the photographers we met, not to mention she was the best priced!

We were having the hardest time finding someone under $2000 for 2 photographers, 6-8 day coverage, and not to mention...we are super picky about the pictures.  We specifically preferred a Canon shooter also.  

• We are in the same boat, everyone is SO expensive down here!

I just found this guy the other day, and he was super reasonable and really nice (at least via email, haven't actually met with him yet). He seems like he's willing to be a little flexible and help work with your budget.  http://www.marlontaylorphotography.com/

Good luck! If you find any others can you post back in here? I'd love to check in with them too. 
  • You can try Samantha Turchin Photography

There's also Affordable Video and Photography in Santa Ana 

• We thought the same thing.  We have cut the photography cost by just hiring for photos without edits or albums.  We would get a CD of raw photos.  We have a family friend who can photoshop our choice of pictures and we will create our own albums from those.  
  • We are having a family member who loves photography take our ceremony and portrait photos as a gift to us and were going to have a photo booth for the reception other than the first dance and cake cutting.
  • www.fawnedphoto.com! Great price for the area!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards