April 2014 Weddings
Options

venting

Ok ladies. I've recently this last month been trying to get ahold of my wedding coordinator. With no success. Well I called my wedding venue all to find out my wedding coordinator quit. WHAT!!! Nobody notified me to let me kno what was going on. Which we picked our venue bc 1 it was nice and 2 the wedding coordinator was amazing and made us feel very comfortable. Ok whatever. So now I guess they are just throwing us wit someone. They didn't even have our information for the wedding and they told me I missed my catering deadline. Umm I paid in full when booked. So I was completely paid off. They said I only paid 1000$. And now we
CCan't do some of the stuff we talked with the old wedding coordinator bc they don't allow it. I'm just frustrated eh..
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: venting

• Options
    jessi3617 said:
    Ok ladies. I've recently this last month been trying to get ahold of my wedding coordinator. With no success. Well I called my wedding venue all to find out my wedding coordinator quit. WHAT!!! Nobody notified me to let me kno what was going on. Which we picked our venue bc 1 it was nice and 2 the wedding coordinator was amazing and made us feel very comfortable. Ok whatever. So now I guess they are just throwing us wit someone. They didn't even have our information for the wedding and they told me I missed my catering deadline. Umm I paid in full when booked. So I was completely paid off. They said I only paid 1000$. And now we CCan't do some of the stuff we talked with the old wedding coordinator bc they don't allow it. I'm just frustrated eh..
    @jessi3617

I am sorry that you had to go through that. Hopefully it's something that can be figured / resolved out quickly.
  • Options
    I'm hoping so. Its all a mesa right now. And the new Lady who took over seems so overwhelmed and stressed herself which doesn't put me at ease.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CaliMel11CaliMel11 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2014
    Do you have proof of your payments? Print out any correspondence that you had with the prior coordinator.
    Then if you have copies of your checks/credit card statements, give them those as well as any contracts that you signed.
    Is there any way you can hire an outside day of coordinator that is not an employee of the venue?

That's awful and sounds super stressful! I hope that it all gets sorted out soon for you.
  • Options
    I have proof of everything checks and receipts from them. Unfortunately they won't allow us to get an outside coordinator but my officiant is going to help out the day off to try helping make everything go smoothly. We have emailed from the old coordinator that I'm going to print to show them what we have talked about and what she is allowing us to do. Hopefully this will help out. Thanks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jessi3617 said:
    Ok ladies. I've recently this last month been trying to get ahold of my wedding coordinator. With no success. Well I called my wedding venue all to find out my wedding coordinator quit. WHAT!!! Nobody notified me to let me kno what was going on. Which we picked our venue bc 1 it was nice and 2 the wedding coordinator was amazing and made us feel very comfortable. Ok whatever. So now I guess they are just throwing us wit someone. They didn't even have our information for the wedding and they told me I missed my catering deadline. Umm I paid in full when booked. So I was completely paid off. They said I only paid 1000$. And now we CCan't do some of the stuff we talked with the old wedding coordinator bc they don't allow it. I'm just frustrated eh..
    Were you given a catering deadline to begin with? I would do as pp's suggested and gather up all the information/proof of payments and set a date and time to meet with the new coordinator.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    According to do our contract everything is due march 14th. We were never given anything else because we paid everything up ftont. So I've went to the bank had the check printed and all emails between me and them. Set up a meeting so. They did call me today and say they do have my payments and everything. She said she's just overwhelmed with everything but still going to meet her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad that you have in writing that nothing is due until the 14th! Good luck with the meeting; I know it's been stressful but since this new coordinator is coming in and taking over in the middle of everything I would cut her a little bit of slack until she sees everything you have.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    I totally feel your frustration! We learned about two weeks ago that the photographer that we loved left the company that we hired! We were tied in the contract and couldn't walk to rebook the photographer independent of the company. All the people they sent over as possible replacements were no where near the skill or style of the first guy. Based on the late notice change, we negotiated in getting all the raw photo files and $200 off the package. Then before I booked the best of the bad new options I asked if there was anyone else similar to our first guy. They sent two more options and one of them we liked more than our first pick! Everything worked out.

Moral of the story- keep pushing them. Based on the chances and the short notice, they should make an exception for bringing in an outside coordinator, or working with you on other concessions to keep you happy.
  • Options
    OMG!  Luckily you have everything in writing.  Please update us on this.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I will keep everyone updated. I have a meeting with them tomorrow. I'm trying to be as calm and give the new girl a chance
    But that's hard bc every time I've talked to her she's either doesn't understand what I am asking. Understandable. But like yesterday
    I ttalked to her and was talking to her. She just hung up and never called back so I did. And she was like oh I thought we were done. But I'm keeping my head up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards