New Jersey
Options

Average Flower Cost

Hi everyone. I'm getting married November 28 at The Carriage House. What is the average price of flowers that everyone is getting quoted. I met one florist while at the venue signing my contract and she said to email her with my budget and she will work with me but honestly, I have no idea where to even start or set aside for flowers. Anything will help me. Also, can anyone recommend a florist in the ocean, Burlington, or Atlantic counties? Thanks so so much!!

Re: Average Flower Cost

• Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    Hi everyone. I'm getting married November 28 at The Carriage House. What is the average price of flowers that everyone is getting quoted. I met one florist while at the venue signing my contract and she said to email her with my budget and she will work with me but honestly, I have no idea where to even start or set aside for flowers. Anything will help me. Also, can anyone recommend a florist in the ocean, Burlington, or Atlantic counties? Thanks so so much!!
    It really depends on what you want.  Are the flowers in season or not?  What type of flowers do you like?  Are you doing tall centerpieces or short centerpieces?  How many?  How many bridesmaids bouquets?  How many bouts?   Flowers for the mothers?  What about your bouquet?  Are you having ceremony flowers?  

There is no average since the answers can vary wildly from bride to bride.  I've heard brides on here spending anywhere from around 1k up to around 5k.  Surely it can higher (!) or lower depending on everything above.
  • Options
    I am using Avenue Flowers in Elizabeth. They have awesome prices and only 3% sales tax since it is within the city Limits.  Nathan, the owner, will work within your budget and will suggest less expensive flowers that are similiar to more expensive ones to meet your needs.  I am spending $3,600 on the flowers and that is for both the church and the reception.  I would have been a bit lower then that but my FI and I are having a joint ceremony so I wanted a Chuppah included for the Jewish religion and that itself was $1,100 including the rental of the actual structure.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I don't have my budget information in front of me, but I believe we were under $2,000.

From the top of my head: My bouquet was somewhere between $125 - $250 (I know that's a large range, but I just don't remember. I used to have this all committed to memory...), MOH $75, BMs $65 (ETA: 2 MOHs and 5 BMs)

Table centerpieces were $45, I think. I needed 20 of them
    One large church piece was about $100
    Bouts for GMs were about $8
    Corsages for special guests (moms, great aunts) were about $15 - $17

Those are some numbers for you to compare what you would want/need. Our centerpieces were rather small - they were not on large vases, but rather about a dozen flowers in each with roses, hydrangea and gerbera daisies. (It was October, so none of those were "out of season").
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards