Pre-wedding Parties

XP: I love my mom but sometime I have to laugh

So my mom is being contradictory (in a good way I suppose). 

She is / is going to be helping my aunts plan my bridal shower since it will take place at her house. Her house is in the middle of everyone so that way no one is driving much more than anyone else (minus my mother who doesn't have to drive anywhere lol).

She always says not to worry about the shower because we all have plenty of time to plan it and don't have to start for a while since it won't be until the month of my wedding or the last week of the month before it. Then she turns around and starts asking me questions about it such as do you want the cake from here or there? Do you want decorations or no? Do you care if it's casual or more dressy? 

I love my mother and know she's means well. She's just excited because this is her youngest baby getting married. I just laugh it off and answer her questions.

Re: XP: I love my mom but sometime I have to laugh

• Your mother really shouldn't be planning your shower. She can host at her home, but she should not be part of putting the details together.

Part of being thrown a party in your honor is letting go and letting the planners put the event together. It's difficult - trust me, I know - but trust that they will do their best for you.
  • drmrs2014 said:
    Your mother really shouldn't be planning your shower. She can host at her home, but she should not be part of putting the details together.

Part of being thrown a party in your honor is letting go and letting the planners put the event together. It's difficult - trust me, I know - but trust that they will do their best for you.
    @drmrs2014

I don't think she is planning. I think she is just asking questions so she can relay the answers to my aunt. Either way she means well. And since it's being held in her home, she does have some say in what takes place (not 100% planning control but she does get a say)
  • scribe95 said:
    The thing about parents not hosting bridal showers is definitely going by the wayside. Sounds fine to me. Just answer her questions.
    @scribe995

Yeah that's what I plan on doing. It's nothing for me to get hot and bothered over. I just find it funny (cute maybe) that she's excited.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards