March 2014 Weddings

missing names on gifts!

I received a couple gifts at my bridal shower without names!  Is there a tactful way to ask someone what they got me? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: missing names on gifts!

• jwoftexas said:
    I received a couple gifts at my bridal shower without names!  Is there a tactful way to ask someone what they got me? 
    @jwoftexas

I wouldn't ask. Just send thank you cards and leave it at that. If they come to you about it then okay but unless your mom somehow knows who got what, I don't think there is a tactful way you can ask.
  • jwoftexas said:
    I had received 3 gifts that didn't have cards or names on them.  I knew the one gift (towels) was from my Godmother/Aunt (same person) as that is what she gives as a bridal shower gift and the 2nd gift was initial towels from my cousin. The 3rd gift was a mystery.  I had posted a picture (along with others from that day) on FB with a cleaver caption "Cool mystery gift from someone that wasn't present at my bridal shower. I want to thank them, but I don't know who it is!"  Of course, with in 20 minutes I received a FB from a distant cousin saying it was from her.  LOL.  Easy.  

I'd say post a picture or two on FB.  It may have been someone that wasn't there and forgot to add a card - or the card got lost.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • I would ask your mom or someone else you are comfortable asking if they know who gave XYZ gift.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards