Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Invitations or facebook event for informal rehearsal dinner

Our wedding is very formal, but our rehearsal dinner is VERY informal....like I am wearing a sweater dress and fiance is wearing khakis and we are all going out to a pizza place after. Would it be tacky or inappropriate for the rehearsal dinner to be an event on facebook? Or should I mail invites?

Re: Invitations or facebook event for informal rehearsal dinner

• Options
    I myself would keep it off Facebook, but I think you can email the guests you want to attend (if they all use email) to invite them.
  • Options
    I agree that email would be fine, but I would keep things off of Facebook. Give them a call or email everyone the details of the rehearsal- that should be fine!
  • Options
    Most RD don't have formal invites.  You could just send an email out to everyone with the details.
  • Options
    I say email. I hate Facebook.
  • Options
    You can email the invites but I would not put it on facebook.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto PPs.  Group email or private direct messages.  I wouldn't make it a Facebook event though.  We used group email.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Email or e-vite. Not facebook. What if someone isn't on facebook, or is one of those who never checks it?
  • Options
    We just called people to tell them when ours was.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    We just emailed everyone. I typed up a nice looking sheet with all the info (kinda like an invite) and attached it to the email so that they would have something easily printable if they wanted.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I definitely mean a private event. The only ones can see it are the ones invited.... and the only ones who wouldn't see it that way are my parents. But they know everything.... so that part isn't the issue. I don't know everyone email, we either talk on the phone or facebook. I wouldn't normally facebook anything like this but its so informal and I would get a better chance of a yes or no...
  • Options
    We did an evite.
  • Options
    I did my cousin's on Paperless Post. I picked a free invite and didn't use an envelope, so it was totally free. And it was pretty! 
  • Options
    My RD was super informal too.  Hubby and I told our guests (parents, siblings and BP) in person or over the phone, but I think email or FB message would be fine too.  I've never received an invitation to an RD, even a formal one.
  • Options
    Use paperlesspost.com!   It's amazing, that's what I'm using for our informal pizzeria rehearsal.
  • Options
    We emailed our wedding party and then I told my parents and sister by calling them up.  Ours was informal as well and we didn't feel the need to send invites to something that wasn't fancy.

• Options
    Another vote for email or e-vite. 
  • Options
    antoto- I actually went to that site just now. It really has some cute informal e-vites. Thanks for the tip!!
  • Options
    We did a FB private event.  Everyone invited uses FB regularly so it was a natural way to get the information out and to set the tone for our informal pizza party. 
  • Options
    Thats what I was thinking... and I know the only person I wouldn't be able to invite are my parents. But they are helping to plan it.
  • Options
    KD+AR said:
    antoto- I actually went to that site just now. It really has some cute informal e-vites. Thanks for the tip!!
    Yay I'm glad you like it too!  It's fantastic for things like showers, birthdays, bachelorettes, and all that.  There are some that cost money (but still suuuuper cheap) but also many are free!
  • Options
    antoto said:
    KD+AR said:
    Yay I'm glad you like it too!  It's fantastic for things like showers, birthdays, bachelorettes, and all that.  There are some that cost money (but still suuuuper cheap) but also many are free!
    Love, love, love Paperless Post!! Cute, classy options on the cheap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    And they give you something like 22 coins to start with - so even though I decided to purchase a non-free invite for my RD I only paid like $10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards