June 2015 Weddings
Options

Yay! We have a board now!

2»

Re: Yay! We have a board now!

• Options
    Welcome to all the new comers! And congratulations on your engagements! June is only a few months away and we'll all be a year out. The time already seems to be flying by.
  • Options
    Hi! We got engaged in Disney world Feb 1st!!! But I knew it was coming. I actually had my venue booked before he even proposed... the second I stepped foot in there I knew thats where it had to be.. its like it was built for me! We are getting married June 5th at the Pleasantdale Chateau in New Jersey. (all you June 6th brides- thats what we originally wanted but the price difference for a friday was insane... june 6 is doomsday so we thought it was kind of funny)

We have our photographer booked too- We looked off the list of suggested ones from our venue... since they know the grounds and everywhere to go bc they have shot there so often.

Thats about it though for now. Have a DJ in mind whose doing my friends wedding in May so I want to see them in action! Guess its time to get to work on more planning!
  • Options
    SonietsjkaSonietsjka member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2014
    Hi ladies! 

Congratulations to you all on your engagement! 

Another June 2015 bride here. We're planning June 5th, somewhere in north/ central NJ. The only thing we've booked is the wedding planner; FI and I live in South Sudan, and we definitely need the help. She's suggested two venues so far, both looking really good! 

Going wedding dress shopping in the Netherlands in May, can't wait! 

Happy planning!
  • Options
    Hi ladies! We are planning a June '15 wedding as well; however we are still deciding between the 20 and 27. We have only been engaged for a couple of weeks, but I am so excited!! The proposal was a complete surprise and I am still beaming just thinking about how spectacular it all was. We will also be doing an outdoor wedding, at my brother's came just inside the Adirondacks. I am very thankful to not have to dish out the money for a venue, and excited that it will be at a place that we enjoy visiting and is special to us. Although we are in the early planning process I feel like I have so many ideas and like everything will just come together in the following year. Congrats and good luck to everyone!!
  • Options
    Hi everyone!  Just booked our venue for June 26!  So excited.  Anyone else getting married that weekend?  Congrats to all!
  • Options
    Sooo I'm glad I found this board.  We are a June 2015 couple also.  We looked at two venues last week and have talked to quite a few.  People look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them we are June 15.  And I've found most vendors don't even want to deal with us.  It is so annoying and frustrating!!!

After looking at the two venues last weekend and talking with FIL's we've decided to have our ceremony and reception at their house.  They have a huge house and a very very large yard (over 5 acres).  However, with that being said, we are paying for the event ourselves.  I'm a single mom so I need to keep a tight check on finances.  When I've called tent or rental companies or caterers they seriously brush me off and won't provide information.  When I finally talked to one rental company last night he told me I should be looking now because June is a huge graduation month and the tent size I would need is pretty popular for graduation tent rentals in the area...I would feel better if I could get a real quote on the rental and catering needs!  :)
  • Options
    Hi fellow June 2015 brides.  My date is 6/27/15. Looking forward to the planning journey with all of you.  :-)

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    Hi June 15 Brides!!

I'm one of those Sunday brides, Sunday, June 7. It will be our sixth anniversary so that was more important to me than doing it on Saturday. Doesn't hurt that the venue we're going with has a lower Sunday min. too!
  • Options
    Hi Butterflyz,
     I am so happy there is another Sunday Bride here! And we are date twins as well! Where are you from/where is the wedding? :D
  • Options
    Just outside Boston. Getting ready to book at Hillview Country Club in North Reading. It's just what I was hoping for. How bout you FutureMrsAlecos??
  • Options
    edited April 2014

FutureMrsAlecos said:
    Hi Ladies,
    I feel like I have learned so much about you all already just by reading the last few posts. My Fiance and I just got engaged last month and finally chose a date, June 7th. I haven't seen any other Sunday Brides yet but I'm sure that will change as the year goes on. It seems I have a lot of commonalities to some of you other ladies. I am from Oshkosh, WI and it has been snowing here non-stop for weeks! I can't wait for spring!  We also decided on an outdoor wedding in the Future MIL's backyard/garden. I am hoping the weather cooperates because we do not have a backup plan. That is my number one concern....well I look forward to getting to know you all better as we wait, and wait, and wait for June 2015! :)
    FutureMrsAlecos I am getting married on Sunday June 7,2015 in NJ too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    @bananasplit472001 That's so exciting! I didn't think there would be many Sunday brides, but there are 3 of us on the same date now! What are your plans as far as the reception goes? are you planning on people staying late or leaving earlier because they will have to work in the morning? 
  • Options
    @bananasplit472001 That's so exciting! I didn't think there would be many Sunday brides, but there are 3 of us on the same date now! What are your plans as far as the reception goes? are you planning on people staying late or leaving earlier because they will have to work in the morning?

Our ceremony starts @ 12:30, cocktail hour starts at 2:30, and reception is from 3:30-7:30.  So we decided to have people leave earlier since they will have work in the morning.  I do not think 7:30 is a ridiculous time to end the reception as it will give people plenty of time to get home before it get dark.  I mean if they really cannot stay until 7:30 it would be strange because what about people going out to dinner on Sunday nights? or super bowl Sunday? I think most people will make sort of a big deal about it being on a Sunday but i'm not worried.  We are even going to throw an after party in our suite.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going with the usual 5-10 reception for my Sunday wedding. Over 90% of my guest list will be traveling to get the wedding since only my close friends and immediate family live in MA. I figure most people would have had to take Friday off for travel had I gone with Saturday, so now it's just a day off for travel the day after instead of before. My close friends who live nearby (and are in the bridal party) have already said they're planning on taking the Monday off. 
  • Options
    We are having a very small ceremony with just our closest friends and relatives in my future Mother-in-law's backyard. She has a beautiful garden with a creek separating her yard from a city park which will be beautiful for photos. We live in Oshkosh, WI so I hope the weather cooperates with us! Then after the ceremony we will be having a barbecue with lawn games and more of our friends and extended relatives will be invited to celebrate with us. When the sun sets we will have a bonfire and I expect many people will leave. Since most of our family live in town, and none live more than a couple hours away (at the most) we don't expect people to take off work but would like to continue celebrating into the evening for those who choose to stay and have a few drinks around the fire. As you can tell this is a very casual event for us. We don't want anything fancy, just to have a good time. 
  • Options
    Hi all!

I just posted in a few other of the posts but we are getting married June 27th, 2015. My fiance proposed at Penn State, where we had met 10 years ago (we dated in college, then broke up when I moved away from the East Coast and got back together a few years later...long story!).

I'm from Long Island and getting married there- we've booked the venue, DJ, ceremony music, dress, and soon to be florist.  Because I live in Philly, when I come home everything is in a back to back whirlwind, and anyone who knows NJ/NY/LI/CT brides, I'm already jockeying for vendors for that date!

So glad to find all of you and congratulations on your engagements and I can't wait to share the process with all of you virtually. :)
  • Options
    Hey Ladies! Congrats on all your engagements!! I'm joining the June 6, 2015 club seems like a great day to get married!! We got engaged on April 5, 2014.

I'm from Northeast Georgia. Our wedding is outside at a campground, it has a beautiful arbor (it's set up like a church with pews and a choir loft and all just doesn't have the four walls, lol). Our colors are purple and turquoise, I'm not going to stick to two specific colors though just an array of that color scheme. Already have the venue, DJ, photographer, the CAKE!! I'm doing a brooch bouquet with flowers, so I've started making that myself!

I'm so excited which I'm sure all of you are!! All of your weddings sound beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards