Not Engaged Yet
Options

Birthday Gifts for BF

My bf's birthday is February 13. We both have that day off of work so I was planning to make him breakfast etc. however I have no idea what to get him as a gift. I got him some good stuff for Christmas and everything I know that he wants is a little out of my budget right now. I am hoping to spend around $100 on a gift for him. Anyone have any creative ideas? TIA! 

Re: Birthday Gifts for BF

• Options
    I'm big on giving experiences as gifts. Check out groupon to get ideas?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree with @audrewuh; I think quality time is an awesome gift, especially since he has the whole day off! Any hobbies of his that normally you don't participate in but he might enjoy doing with you? A museum, day trip, movie, restaurant, or other place he might want to try?
  • Options
    I know @southernpeach89 and her H are really in to doing cooking classes for date night. I think experience gifts are the best kind of gifts you can give and you can easily fit something like a cooking class in to a $100 budget.

• Options
    For Christmas I got BF a really nice, handmade leather toiletry bag, and for his last birthday I got him a gift card to The Art of Shaving. This year I was feeling unromantic and uncreative, so I made him tell me exactly what he wanted for his birthday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I try to get FI tickets to hockey games for Christmas or his birthday.  FI plays hockey so I'll try to get him gift cards to upgrade and replace his equipment which can get expensive.

Anniversary

• Options
    I got him silk boxers. He had a few pairs that have gotten ruined or lost and he keeps whining about how he really loves silk boxers. The last pair he has have a HUGE hole in the butt (bigger than the hole in the front!) but he won't throw them out because he loves how they feel.

So, got him a couple new pairs.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    I got my BF one of the uncommon goods "men's hygiene" kits. They have really nice, natural products for skin, hair, etc. Before my BF and I moved in together he literally had one bar of soap in his bathroom that he used for ...everything. I bought him a nice soap/hand lotion set for christmas the year we started dating, and ever since he's become really into it. I think it's endearing. Anyway they have some nice sets (<-click!) that always go over well with BF/brother/etc.

• Options
    @mbross3 ... don't tempt me to buy that for my partner.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    I agree with PP on the day trip or experience type of gift. Maybe a hockey or basketball game? If all else fails, maybe a mix of a practical gift (something he needs/could use) and a fun gift (like a blu-ray or game). 
  • Options
    I just made a cute 'this is why I love you' book for my BF for v-day. 

The website is lovebookonline.com 

It took me about 2 hours to get all the pages in, re-word things, create my own pages ect. But it was fairly cheap for what it was (~$30 for 20pg personalized soft cover book, including shipping) And I ordered it on a Sunday night and it came in by thursday afternoon. 

I also LOVE the experience idea. I do that a lot as well - I would rather spend time with someone than get something materialistic  . . . . most of the time! haha
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Options
    I knitted a new dice bag for BF and got him dungeon-creating dice. His big hobby is tabletop gaming, so this was right up his alley.
  • Options
    @Phira--it also smells really good ;)
  • Options
    We only ever do physical gifts for Christmas, so we're big on experiences for other times.  Usually for birthdays it's just a nice dinner and getting together with friends for drinks, but occasionally we'll try to do a couple's massage or something, which is one of my favorites ;-).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards