Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Is it ok to get married where my future sis-in-law had her reception??

I have a dilemma! I've seen a few venues now and only one has compared to the place my future sister-in-law had her reception. The only issue with the comparable venue is the ceremony set up. There isn't much room for guests and I know my family will be very upset if they cannot actually see me get married. At first I said that I didn't want to get married at the same venue as my fiancé's sister but that seems to be the place I like most. I don't know what to do! Any input??

Re: Is it ok to get married where my future sis-in-law had her reception??

• Options
    Ask her how she would feel about it if you had your reception at the same venue.  She might not care at all.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Also, I don't really think she owns the venue, people get married at the same venue all the time. It shouldn't bother her at all. She should take it as a complement, it means you probably liked her reception! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Well, this place is in the business of doing receptions so your SIL won't be the only wedding ever held there.  3 of my 4 girls have chosen the same reception venue - we have made it look different everytime (and guests REALLY don't care about that anyway - just brides do). Go for it.

• Options
    I have a dilemma! I've seen a few venues now and only one has compared to the place my future sister-in-law had her reception. The only issue with the comparable venue is the ceremony set up. There isn't much room for guests and I know my family will be very upset if they cannot actually see me get married. At first I said that I didn't want to get married at the same venue as my fiancé's sister but that seems to be the place I like most. I don't know what to do! Any input??
    I would be flattered if someone liked my venue choice enough that they wanted to choose it as well.  In fact, I am hoping that someone will pick my venue so I can go back there and enjoy it as a guest!
  • Options
    You can get married at whatever venue you want (and can afford).  There is no reason to ask your FSIL for permission before booking if that's what you want to do.

It sounds like you like a second venue except for the ceremony space also.  Have you considered the second venue with an off site ceremony?  
  • Options
    She gets one day, you get one day.

You never know, she might even feel flattered that you have chosen the same venue!
  • Options
    You can get married at whatever venue you want (and can afford).  There is no reason to ask your FSIL for permission before booking if that's what you want to do.

It sounds like you like a second venue except for the ceremony space also.  Have you considered the second venue with an off site ceremony?  
     I have considered doing that the issue is, I have no idea where I would want to do it. My FI doesn't want to get married in a church and that's perfectly fine by me but I don't know of anywhere else nearby that would be a good spot just for a ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards