Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Some Pro Photos + Lessons I Learned

Hey all - 

I can't believe that I'm already 6 months out from our wedding day!  Everything went beautifully and I couldn't have asked for anything more - but I definitely learned some valuable lessons along the way.

I wrote a blog post about it, if you wanted to check it out. I also have some pro photos, and a link the photographer's blog post.

Let me know what you think, if you agree, and if you have any other lessons to add.

Re: Some Pro Photos + Lessons I Learned

• Just in case it isn't clear, here is the link:

• I agree with you about Pinterest.  Pinterest was only just starting to get big when I got married so I didn't find it until afterwards.  I really think that finding Pinterest right after my wedding led to me being slightly depressed for awhile.  I saw all the pretty pictures and ideas and that led me to wish I had done things differently and mad about the choices I made when what I should have been doing was enjoying being married.  Luckily I came out of my funk when it hit me that I was being completely mental and that our wedding day had gone amazingly perfect and people only had great things to say.

• Awesome!

We did not do professional engagement photos. He propsed literally 6 hours before we boarded a plane for vacation so we took MANY pictures on vacation with beautiful landmarks and had some strangers/ tour guides take some so we decided to use those as our engagement photos. But we are having a very close personal friend do the wedding photography so I know we will be comfortable with her and we all get each other's style and looks that we're going for.

And I already quit Pinterest months ago once I came on here and saw that basically everything Pinterest is a big fad/ joke. LOL

• Isn't Pinterest awful for that? I'm realizing that Pinterest is great at making me feel like a terrible dresser, eater, home decorator.. pretty much inadequate at life in general LOL

• YES to having your photographer take head shots during engagement photos!  My photographer did not do this, and I ended up guiltily cropping my FI out of a couple photos to use on my linkedin profile and my work website, as they were the only nice professional-looking photos I had of myself!  I also plan on asking my photographer to take a head shot of each of our 4 bridesmaids and groomsmen during the pre-ceremony photo session, I think they would appreciate having those photos on hand!

Also, a friend gave me the pinterest advice at the beginning of my engagement.  And I am so glad she did!  She told me once I make a decision, stick to it, and don't look at anything else.  So after we booked our venue, I deleted all my pins of other venues.  After I bought my dress, I deleted all my pins of other dresses.  Every time I make a decision, I edit down my pinterest board so it reflects what I am really planning.  And a month before our wedding, I plan to stop pinning altogether!

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards