Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Barn Reception Ideas--Indiana

Hello everyone!

I need a little bit of help.  My fiancé and I are having a destination wedding in Mexico with just immediate family and friends but we want to have a reception or after party for the rest of the family and group of friends when we get back.  We're planning on having our wedding in Mexico in June 2015 and then doing a "reception" in Indiana in either July or August 2015.  I was just wandering if you all knew of affordable reception venues (preferably a barn venue) where we could do such a thing?  I would really prefer not to spend an extreme amount of money on this venue since we'll be vacationing to Mexico for our wedding.  It doesn't have to be anything extravagant.  I'm a pretty simple gal. :)  Definitely want to have an open bar, catered dinner (maybe buffet style), and dj (we have a friend who's a dj).  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  

Thank you,

Kristin

Re: Barn Reception Ideas--Indiana

• Options
    Hello everyone!

I need a little bit of help.  My fiancé and I are having a destination wedding in Mexico with just immediate family and friends but we want to have a reception or after party for the rest of the family and group of friends when we get back.  We're planning on having our wedding in Mexico in June 2015 and then doing a "reception" in Indiana in either July or August 2015.  I was just wandering if you all knew of affordable reception venues (preferably a barn venue) where we could do such a thing?  I would really prefer not to spend an extreme amount of money on this venue since we'll be vacationing to Mexico for our wedding.  It doesn't have to be anything extravagant.  I'm a pretty simple gal. :)  Definitely want to have an open bar, catered dinner (maybe buffet style), and dj (we have a friend who's a dj).  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  

Thank you,

Kristin
    @coloradolady1983

I can't really help you with ideas since I live in WI and not Indiana but here's 2 links to local boards that might be able to help you. (This board is more internationally traveled).

• Options
    I don't know about the price for these venues, but try this site:
    Also, have you heard of Story, IN? It's in Brown County near Nashville. It's a little hard to get to but it's a really neat place. There's a bed and breakfast and a restaurant there and that's about it but they have a barn that they use for events. 
  • Options
    Where in Indiana are you looking? I am also in Indiana, northeast
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards