Pennsylvania-Central

Onsite makeup artist/hair stylist in Lancaster or Elizabethtown PA

kh1100kh1100 member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited February 2014 in Pennsylvania-Central
I am getting married this August at Ironstone Ranch in Elizabethtown, PA. I am looking for someone, or a team, to come to the venue and do my and my bridal party's hair and makeup the day of the wedding. I have seen some recommendations of people in this area on here, but most are from a few years ago and I was looking for some more recent suggestions and recommendations. Also, I don't have a huge budget, so I would prefer someone more affordable. Thanks!

Re: Onsite makeup artist/hair stylist in Lancaster or Elizabethtown PA

• We attended an open house at Hershey Farms this past weekend and met a woman from Mary Kay. If I remember correctly she mentioned she does day of make up. (I'm 91% positive she said this) Her name is Karen Esbenshade. If interested you can email her at kesbenshade@marykay.com. I had gotten a coupon for a trial run and I'm sure if you talk to her she can set something up for you!
  • Carmina Christina in Harrisburg. She's pricey but will come to your venue. She only does contracts if you do multiple people (so bride and two bridesmaids, etc...).
  • Did you check Patricia Solis, she does a great job and is very nice to work with.
  • I'd recommend Melissa "Missy" McHugh.   I only had her do hair, but I believe she does both.  She was pleasant to work with and patient with my uncertainty as to what I wanted done with my hair (I knew I wanted it up, she did a ton of these gorgeous little curls-curling-onto-themselves and we added a sprig of babysbreath).  It came out beautifully and got compliments.   The other girls who chose to have it done were also pleased.  

She was also punctual, helpful in setting schedules, and professional. She also helped out when a problem arose, moving her set-up in order to do my now MIL's hair
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards