Wisconsin
Options

Wedding dress shopping in MKE

HELP!! I'm flying into MKE to work on wedding planning and I wanted to look at some great wedding dresses. Any recommendations? Thanks so much!!

Re: Wedding dress shopping in MKE

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Savvy Bride in Brookfield (west of Milwaukee) Gigi's in Meqon (North of Milwaukee, higher end dresses) Kay's Bridal (On North Ave. in Wauwatosa I think) Do not recommend Eva'sNot sure where you are flying in from, but with fittings, etc. it may be easier to buy it closer to home so that you don't have to also do fitings when you are in townI planned my Milwaukee wedding from Chicago and looked for gowns in Chicago as well (Saks, Macy's Bridal Salon, A'Lamour)I kind of wish I had just bought in Chicago, but I fell in love with the dress and the gals at Savvy Bridal, and they also gave us a discount on the bridesmaid dresses since I bought my dress there  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MidniteSun383MidniteSun383 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's also Zita's in Whitefish Bay, Amelishan in Hubertus, Stone Manor in Cedarburg, and Beratti in Germantown.  I actually went to Edith's in Fond du Lac and found my dress there.  Just a warning, Amelishan takes the tags out of their dresses so you can't buy the same dress for less elsewhere.  I found that frustrating to not know what I was looking at.  Edith's does the same thing, but with a little detective work, I figured out which styles where which.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually got my dress from Eva's and they were awesome! There selection is huge.  I was referred by many friends of mine who had also had good experiences there.  The prices are good and I really felt like I got one on one attention.  They ordered a bridesmaid dress for me that they didn't even have there and got it at a cheaper price than Savvy Bride and Heim's.  You would be missing out if you didn't try Eva's!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Eva's Bridal by the airport is wonderful!  I really love many things about them.  I started my dress search a few months ago and they were my first stop.  (I have gotten bridesmaid dresses from them in the past) There must be hundreds of bridal gowns to try on.  The sales girls are so sweet and really make you feel special.  I found my dress on the first day out and I got an extra discount for ordering the first day.  I have been to other places with some of my friends and had absolutely no desire to go back!  Eva's also beat a price on a bridesmaid dress from another store that they didn't have there.  They made me feel like a bride should!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Savvy Bride and Zita's are good choices. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know why someone recommended against Eva's Bridal in Franklin(?) . I bought my dress there and it was a wonderful experience. The sales lady was really nice and helpful, their selection is huge, I found my perfect dress for 500$ under what I had budgeted and they have connections for photographers etc.! I have heard that they are overpriced on alterations, so I had my dress altered elswhere. Looks like other people had just as good of an experience as I did too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would be on the side of "avoid" Eva's, but it depends on what type of gown shopper you are. They "do not require" appointments because they have no intention of honoring it. After waiting ten minutes for someone to even greet me, I felt thrown into the racks with little guidance. The sales rep didn't care that I had a photo or that I was clear about what I did NOT want. She simply gave me a "tour" of the racks and let us loose. The prices were not that competetive, but I didn't ask for any discounts either. The whole experience felt wrong. The service and knowledge at Gigi's was great. They honor your price point and don't try to upsell. They listen to what you are looking for, show you gowns and then let you decide what to try on. Ameilshan had a great sales rep, but again it was up to me to find what I wanted to try on, though she did come back with her suggestions after a few dresses. They also won't let you take a photo. Im following this thread because Im still looking for THE dress myself.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jackie5387jackie5387 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also had a bad experience at Eva's. I am buying mine for Savvy Bride. The girls there are wonderful.
  • Options
    msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard so many good/bad things about Eva's - I had a wonderful experience there the 2nd time I went back. The first time, I had Chris and she wasn't great. Look for the younger girls, they're awesome! Since you'll be flying into Milwaukee, Eva's is just a minute or two south of the airport. It's not Kleinfelds, but it's a great place to get a great dress at a wonderful price.
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Options
    msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS - I'm also having my dress altered elsewhere because Eva's was expensive.
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at Amelishan.  I went during the sample sale, and I got a $2200 Pronovias gown for $950.  They DO cut the tags out, but you can still figure out what brand it is by looking at the hanger straps.  I thought the selection was great, the employee I had an appointment with was friendly and helpful, and they threw in a veil for free if I purchased the dress that day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress in Fon Du Lac at Edith's. It was worth the drive. The sales people were very nice and knowlegeable. After trying on several dresses the sales girl asked if she could pull something based on my likes. The dress she pulled the THE Dress. It looked amazing on me and I felt amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards