Not Engaged Yet

Weekend!

Morning! What's up for the weekend?

Tonight, H and I have a Devils game but he might have to work too late for us to get there in time and that would be fine with me because I really want to watch the Opening Ceremony for the Olympics. 

Tomorrow, I have brunch plans with @buddysmom80 and @hummingbird125! I haven't seen either of them since they got engaged so I'm even MORE excited than normal. 

Sunday, I'll be a little lazy and clean a little and then H and I are going to dinner with his step dad, brother, and SIL. 

Who else is excited for the Olympics? What's your favorite sports to watch?

Re: Weekend!

• Mornin', @swazzle! (My computer just autocorrected your name to "swizzle." WTF?)

I am not just obsessed with the Olympics, but I am looking forward to watching some figure skating. :)

This weekend is all about studying and working. I think sometime in there I may try to go to my best friend's new house. She and her FI just bought it and have been working non-stop to fix it up really nice, so I may go over one morning and help them paint. At some point this weekend I need to finish up the stuff I was working on for her bridal shower. Also, The Walking Dead is back on Sunday! Yay!

• @swazzle I can't wait to see you and @hummingbird125!!!!!!!! I won't be able to sleep a wink of sleep tonight!!!

Tonight I'm going to run to the grocery store. I'm making ST Buffalo Chicken Strips but we couldn't figure out what to have for a side, so I'm thinking french fries just to make it easy (for me). We'll probably just hang out and be lazy tonight.

Tomorrow is boozy brunch and a work party for FI's company (yawnnnn). If we leave early enough I might swing by my old CW's "passion party" because she makes the most amazing jello shots and they'll be there.

Sunday we're grocery shopping and cleaning.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Good Morning ladies!!

STILL not feeling great - stupid cold it's been well over a week!!

I tried on dresses last night, I don't have any GREAT pics, I have another appointment on Saturday so I'll post pictures after that (hoping the place tomorrow lets me take pictures).  The place last night was a lot like Vows from 'I found the gown' where she buys and sells samples (tags are still on the dresses - but the dress you try on is the dress you take and they are heavily discounted).  I really liked 2 dresses but I'm leaning towards an Allure Fit and Flare (linky) The other is an Alfred Angelo (linky) .  I'm HOPING the place I go to tomorrow has the Allure gown that I'm leaning towards so I can try it on again (they do carry Allure) and then I know they have THIS dress that I also really want to try on (my best friend LOVES this dress but need to see it on).

Tonight - going to relax.  FI will come over late because he's gotta pick his bro up from the airport.

Saturday - Dress appointment way to early and in the evening FI's family is getting together to celebrate his sister's birthday. 

Sunday - We have tickets to go to a play - not really looking forward to it, but it was part of our package.

@Swazzle - I like to watch the skating and then the Ski jump/freestyle/whatever it's called <yup that's the technical term ;-) >.

Anniversary
  • I'm so excited for this weekend! Tomorrow, FI and I have his Freemason's Valentine's Day dinner and the menu looks so yummy. Prime rib, salad, baked potato, broccoli and cheesecake! We have to go help decorate and set up tonight for about an hour though.

Sunday I'm leaving FI's early and meeting up with a friend who got engaged last November and we're going to a bridal fashion show in the town I work in. Should be lots of fun. I've never been to something like that.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Dignity100, I love that first dress! It's super pretty.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @CLoGreenEyes - I like Swizzle! I am SO excited for Walking Dead to come back! I completely forgot that was this week. That break wasn't nearly as long as it seemed like it would be. 

@buddysmom80 - YAYYYYYYYY! 

• ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS WEEKEND!

Tonight FI and I are going to the movies. I think we're gonna see The Wolf of Wallstreet

Saturday afternoon I have an appointment to try on dresses!!! My mom, sister (MOH) and FMIL are coming with me :)  After the appointment, I am taking FI out for his birthday which is actually on Sunday.

Sunday we are going to FI's favorite bar with all of our friends to drink. Busy weekend!
    Anniversary

• edited February 2014

@Swazzle- I think figure skating and snow boarding are my favorite things to watch. I don't get super involved in watching the olympics just b/c H and I don't watch much TV but if we happen to be flipping through the channels then yes, I'll watch it.

Tonight we are pretty busy. H has to run errands after work and I need to go to the mall and grocery shopping. Then we are going to CrossFit so we can get in our last workout before the weekend. Tonight H is cooking dinner for us...I love it when he does this.

Saturday I desperately need to wash my car and go get an oil change. It is so dirty after the snow days we had last week. Then I need to get my hair cut and eyebrows done because they are like a forest. I'm thinking about cutting my hair to my shoulders which will be a big change since my hair is half way down my back. Then that night I'm going to a get together with some of my girlfriends from high school. One of them just moved back from Australia for a couple years and I haven't seen her since she left obviously.

Sunday I get to see one of my best friends get baptised! I'm so excited for this. Afterwards H and I are going to the park to run. We are timing ourselves on a 3 minute mile and seeing if we can improve from there in the following weeks just based from CrossFit training.

ETA: spelling

• @swazzle - I demand more ring pics from the newly ladies!!

We have very few plans this weekend, which is nice, since March is going to be cray-cray. Tomorrow we'll drive down to No. Virginia to meet up my sister, parents, niece and nephew for a few hours. Other than that, I need to get a run in on both days, and I'd like to get my DH out of the house and DO something... not just happy hour or dinner. We'll see if I succeed.

We don't have cable, so any Olympics watching will either be in a bar or from the internet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @Dignity100 - That Allure fit and flare is absolutely gorgeous! It's my favorite of the 3 you linked. 

@southernpeach89 - I cut my hair to about shoulder-length (it was half way down my back) back in November and I miss my long hair SO MUCH. I just want it to come back now. 

• @dignity100 - I wore an Allure gown and I loved it. It was this one (obvi you can see me in it in my sig pic)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Morning, everyone! So glad it's Friday!

Tonight I'm planning to watch the opening ceremonies at gaming. Hey, that's what streaming is for, right? I'm also going to work on the KAL some more and knock out some more product on another baby afghan. I owe a total of ... four right now. Babies range from just born to due in June. Thankfully I have a simple adorable unisex pattern I can knock out relatively quickly.

Tomorrow I'm going to sleep in. I'm already planning it. Maybe if I can catch up on some sleep I can reset my sleep patterns. Practice piano in the evening. BF has a side job that will take him almost all day, so I'll get some time to myself.

Sunday BF and I are going to my parents' place so I can block three baby afghans and look for one music book I'm missing. I mean, the arrangement of "Savior, Like a Shepherd Lead Us" with "Sheep May Safely Graze" I hear in my head is too precise for me to be composing it - I don't really compose or arrange my own music, and I'm positive I've played this before. 

Other than that, I plan to do some deep cleaning and laundry around the small obligations of my weekend.
  • I am so exhausted. Last ngiht on my way home from rehearsal I blew out a tire.  I hit a pothole.  So I had to wake up real early to get if fixed. No plans for tonight after work I should head to the fruit and veggie market for some stuff for the week. 

Tomorrow I've got rehearsal for about 6 hours.  Then at night we are heading up north to meet FI's friend and his wife for dinner. His friend is one of his groomsmen but I haven't met them and he hasn't seen his friend in a long time either.  So that should be fun.

Sunday I have rehearsal in the afternoon for a few hours.  Then Walking Dead comes back, I'm so excited for it to be back on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay. Hopefully I'll be able to get some good sleep in between all the craziness of the weekend.  I'm so glad this week went by so quickly!

Anniversary

• @swazzle and @twodimes- I know I will miss my long hair definitely for a little while. I need a new style though definitely. I get so bored with my same hair every day. Last time I got it cut this short I think was more than 2 years ago so it will be a big change. I'll post pics on Monday!
  • I really want to do nothing this weekend.  I have reached a whole new level of mental exhaustion.  Tomorrow, DH and I are volunteering at a pit bull shelter's adoption event in the morning and then in the afternoon, lots of laundry and cleaning stuff.  I'm trying to go through and get rid of stuff that has just been sitting around forever that we really don't need.  Sunday, I'm spending the entire day judging a middle school science fair.  How does a middle school science fair last 8 hours?  I'm exhausted thinking about all the kids with "great" projects that were actually done by the parents.  That irritates me every time.

Happy weekend!
  • Yay weekend!!

Today I'm being a housewife and doing laundry and buying groceries. I'm thinking of doing fondue and maybe a tilapia meal or something. Just want fondue lol. Plus it's our one year anniversary of getting engaged Sunday (yay!)

Tomorrow we are going on a secret adventure and meeting up with one of FI's friends from college and one of my friends from HS (they somehow met at college and got married haha) in Orlando. We're just going for lunch but I'm pumped about it.

Sunday is our anniversary of being engaged. I got FI tickets to opening day of spring training for the orioles. I'm excited about this. It's kinda a yay we survived our first year of being engaged (I'm not sure how we did since I legit almost died like 4 times...) and valentines present. Plus it is also a "I know you wouldn't buy this for yourself so were going" present. We haven't been to orioles spring training since they've been in Sarasota so it'll be exciting.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @blue yay happy one year of being engaged! Sounds like a fun weekend you have planned!

Anniversary

• @Blue -Happy one year of being engaged!! We will have ours next Saturday. I forgot how close it was that we both got engaged!
  • @TwoDimes - NOOOO! I like winter just as much as I like summer. I'm a hockey fan so I'm excited to see the US men's team play (hopefully we beat Canada this year!). I like the skeleton a lot too, it's so scary! 

• Morning, ladies.  I'm super mad today for reasons I can't really post about yet but it sucks. 

Today: Likely going to feel sorry for myself (but going to try not to).  I have to work late then H and I are relaxing at home.

Tomorrow: Lots of workouts hopefully, cleaning house definitely, some work unfortunately and H is taking me out to a dinner which will be very nice.

Sunday: More workouts, cleaning and work likely.  Not very glamorous, I know. 

• @TwoDimes - Basically, a person rides the course on a sled, face-down and head-first, and they go REALLY REALLY fast. 

• Morning!

I don't have a ton of plans this weekend, which is good.

I'm volunteering tomorrow for a few hours.  At some point this weekend, I need to clean and go groceries.  DH and I are going to go shopping to pick up his vday present.  I also might need to do a bit of work for my old boss, but I kind of don't want to.  I'm so exhausted.

Other than that, we'll play it by ear.

In short, I'm boring.
  • edited February 2014
    I have a hockey game tonight - we're playing my alma mater's biggest rival, so hopefully we can beat them. They're also nationally ranked, and we've dropped out of the rankings, so it would be a huge win. 

Tomorrow I have another hockey game, and it's our big Winter Homecoming, so it should be really fun. I'll probably do some cleaning & laundry before I have to head in. 

Sunday will hopefully be a nice lazy day. We'll probably make our food list for the week & go grocery shopping, clean & do laundry, nice domestic things. 

ETA: I'm excited for skiing & hockey in the Olympics. I actually watched some women's moguls last night, and it makes my knees hurt just watching, haha.  

*******************************************************************************************

• I loved the Olympics when I was growing up (especially the Winter Olympics) but since I hit my teens, I really stopped caring. No TV + partner who doesn't care either = no Olympics for us.

Working tomorrow (because I don't feel well today and I don't want to do the walk-of-shame getting into work at 3pm). Sunday is my future sister-in-law's birthday party. We need to ask J's parents about dance lessons, and I also need to ask J's dad about helping us build our chuppah. ALL of the "make it yourself!" indoor chuppahs I've seen don't work for our venue or my aesthetic; they're all much too bulky, especially the supports. J's dad has a background in construction and will probably have lots of ideas about how to make a small indoor one. This is also their family's last wedding (unless there's a divorce), and they were excluded from planning the last one, so I want to include them as much as I include my own family.

@Dignity100 I LOVE the first dress!!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards