Wisconsin
Options

Real China or Plastic

Hi Ladies,I need your help would you recommend using real china or elegant plastic ware for wedding reception? The venue does not provide any of this so we must do it our selves. For those suggesting real china, where would you recommend to rent it from in the Milwaukee Area?TIA

Re: Real China or Plastic

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend using real china.  I went to a wedding where they used plasticware and it looked bad (my opinion!)  Usually your caterer is able to rent all of the necessary dishes and silverware for you, since they will know best how much of it you will actually need!  Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that it depends on where you are having the reception and what type of feel you want for the night. The plastic ware is more casual. I would personally go with real china, but if you have to cut costs I think that plastic is fine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I just went over this last night! We are using high quality plastic, but then again we are having a Halloween themed wedding. We are on a budget and figured that people won't care what they eat with as long as they have good food :o)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Real China.  Plastic ware for an entire wedding is incredibly wasteful and most likely will not save you any money.  If you truly can't afford to rent silverware why not go with a shabby chic look and raid all of the consignment stores.  I was at a wedding where all of the vases, platters, silverware, frames and glasses for a drink station were purchased at a resale shop.  Everything was coordinated to match the color and overall feel of the wedding.  Not only did it all look professionally pulled together but it was a lot more interesting.  We walked around and looked at the different centerpieces and stations, normally if you have seen one, you have seen them all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards