Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Review 1/18/14 Pics

melissalee814melissalee814 member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited February 2014 in Louisiana-New Orleans
Ursuline Academy Shrine of Our Lady of Prompt Succor-  A+ This is where my ceremony took place. Only alums or relatives of the nuns can get married here. The wedding coordinators had everything down to a science. It was great and went smooth.

Fr. Bob Massett- A+ With Ursuline is does not come with a priest because it is not a parish church. We found Fr. Bob Massett from St. Mary Magdelene in Metairie. He is an amazing priest. He loves to make you laugh and remembers small details that make you unique as a couple. 

Big Easy Limos- A+ They were on time and clean. They got us where we needed to go quickly. There prices were the best of many my mom called. 

NOPD for motorcade- F- They didn't show. My mom called the week before and confirmed and they did not show up. 

Marc Pagani- A+ LOVED Marc. Our pictures were AMAZING!!! He was great to work with. He gets a ton of candid shots which I love. 

Tim Mcaskill- A+  He was our videographer. He is so funny. We have yet to see our video but just based on his personality I know its going to be a fun, party video. 

Royal Sonesta Ballroom- B+ Our one request was NO TIP JARS on the bar. When you are paying 20% grat on the bar tab the bartenders should not be nickel and dimming the guest on a $50,000 reception.They put tip jars out. My dad's assistant caught this early on and removed them. Our cake did not taste like the cake that we tried during the tasting. Also they cut the cake then only 1/2 my guest got cake. They did not pass out hardly any of it. (Most of the slip ups happened after the wedding/ banquet coordinator left for the night). Our late night pass-around (benigets and bailey mudslides) got passed out 45 minutes early. We paid for 15 minutes of the bar after the band finished. But as soon as the bad finished the workers shut everything down. The food was amazing. Everyone raved that is was the best wedding food they have ever had. We had a pasta bar, gumbo station, slider station, and shrimp and grits. Our wedding attendant was wonderful. She was so nice and any little request we had was handled immediately. She also got all our gifts up to the room and had a beautiful romantic setup in the room with rose petals and candles. 

The Mixed Nuts- A++ I LOVEEEEE the Mixed Nuts. They are a wonderful party band! The kept all the guest on the dance floor the entire time. My dad's one rule was a band, no DJ. And I'm so glad. They give such a party vibe to the reception. I used to go to their events in college. 

Impressionable Design- A+ This little local flower shop in Marrero did my flowers. They were so great!! I wanted succulents and she got them. Everyone was so happy with the flowers. It was different and with the purple and succulents they popped against the black bridesmaid dresses. She was VERY reasonable with the prices. She was so worried they were not what I wanted but they were exactly what I wanted. I went the day before the wedding and looked at what she was working on and I was floored by how beautiful they were. 

Pearls Place- B I refuse to let them do alterations. They were the only ones in the area that carried Alfred Angelo Disney Princess line which is the dress I wanted. They did not do alterations. I had a family friend who is a seamstress do them. They have messed up bridesmaids dresses for me in the past. They got a B because one of my bridesmaids was pregnant when she was fitted. She was literally all BELLY. She is tiny. Well they made her order a 14!!! She is back into size 4-6. The top of the dress was a little big. But her alterations lady in Lafayette did a good job. She felt uncomfortable which is not cool. 

Irish House- A- We had a rehearsal dinner here. The food was great. Service was flawless. There was another rehearsal dinner going on upstairs and you would have never known it. Everyone had a great time. We had a 2 pc band there and it was perfect. Had to deduct from the grade because they threw away a bag that had a handkerchief I bought my mom. It was super special and they thought it was an empty bag. I had to buy her another one because my mom was so upset. 

Flawless Bride- A+ Heather and her crew were fabulous. They said they would be there at 1030 at the hotel and they were actually 20 minutes early! I had to run back to the hotel from breakfast in the quarter. They had over 13 people hair and makeup done in no time. We were all ready by 3pm. I love airbrush make up it last forever and it hides all skin imperfections. These ladies are the best! No wonder why they are The Best on the Knot!

Squareface photobooth- A+ I like the fact they do not come with props so you can get your own and put your own stamp on the props. I took the extra photos and had a big photo album for my guest to post the pic in and write a note instead of a traditional guest book. Its great to look at and laugh at the pics. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards