Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Food Options for classic rustic reception.

We are having our reception in rustic vintage cabin venue with a beautiful balcony overlook. We have no idea what kind of food options we should go for. It will be in the summer(Aug) and during the afternoon/evening a 2-7( ceremony and reception) We really didn't want to do a full 4 course sit down meal, we wanted it to be relaxed, we had the idea we could do a pasta bar and dessert bar, but then we came up with the idea we could have our caterer do chicken and waffles and other little breakfast/brunch foods, since its an earlier reception. Is there any other ideas, maybe other brides have or newlyweds that has had a rustic charm type wedding and if so, what type of menu did you have. Thanks!

Re: Food Options for classic rustic reception.

• I would definitely serve a full dinner--your wedding is over dinner time.  It does not need to be a plated meal, it's fine to do buffet or stations, but you should have enough food to fill people up for dinner and a seat for every guest to sit and eat.  

What about adding some grilled veggies?  I think you could also do a nice salad bar.  I would talk to your caterer about setting up a few different stations and see what s/he suggests.  We had a dessert bar, and I definitely approve of that!
  • I love the chicken and waffles idea, but you could pair that with other rustic/southern comfort foods like shrimp and grits, sausage biscuits, pulled pork, etc. Afternoon isn't really brunch time, but most of those foods work for any time of day. And no one can say no to chicken and waffles! I think those would fit your theme better than a pasta bar, but really the main thing is that everyone has enough to eat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards