Connecticut

FYI CT brides - Jordan Caterers out of business

I am not using them, but thought I would give a head's up in case anyone is or is thinking about it. I hope those who put their deposits in get them back. http://wtnh.com/2014/02/10/caterer-closes-business-ruins-wedding-plans/

Re: FYI CT brides - Jordan Caterers out of business

• to any brides who have booked with them i am so sorry.

you trust these vendors to do what you booked them for and then they go belly up
  • Oh my god that is awful. It is bad enough if you are left without a caterer but for them to take your money too...I would hope at least some of the other vendors they booked have a heart and give them deposits back.
  • Just awful. We seriously considered having our wedding at the Guilford Yacht Club where Jordan's was the exclusive caterer. I did read on the GYC site that they are honoring all dates but looking for other catering options. Still all those deposits paid. What a nightmare!
  • hyechica81hyechica81 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited February 2014
    i would hope those deposits can be refunded back to the couples and go towards a new caterers.

thats the thing that suxs with some venues is they have an exclusive outside cater  or exclusive vendors than you can only use. its like hey i found an amazing space i want to allocate a huge chunk of my budget to dinner and get less expensive vendors but i cant because i cant use outside

the place me and my fi booked is a testas and they do all the catering on site, i feel like if you find a space and they dont have on site catering you should be able to bring in your own licensed caters for food and cake and your own vendors for flowers dj and photos.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards