Wisconsin
Options

a little disappointed

So I was on facebook today and a girlfriend posted pictures of a wedding she went to this past weekend. The bride, was wearing the same dress that I just bought for my wedding next year. It looked incdredible on her, but now I feel completely unsure about my dress. Not that I dont think I look good in it, but, because it's not "my" dress anymore. Ugghh...technology.. I probably sound like a whiny little brat.... it's probably the pms. Anyway, if you read this, thanks for letting me vent. :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: a little disappointed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally understand because something similar happened to me. I got married last summer, but a girl that I was aquaintances with in college got married this summer and when I saw pictures from her wedding on FB I was shocked to see she was wearing the same dress I wore! At first I was sorda like, what the ... but now I'm actually kind of flattered ;) It's still 'your' dress because it's your day, and it will be different from everyone elses.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think it happens to nearly everyone. after buying a really "unique" dress, a girl on the knot posted her pictures of it 2 days later. ugh. but, the same dress is made unique with your hair, jewelry, shoes and personal style! the pictures of your dress were beautiful! you'll look great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ladies, you are the best! I feel so much better.... Thank you! Lu :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Exactly - your accessories, bouquet, and GROOM will make that dress YOUR dress.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would have felt the same way! I was so relieved that my dress was only available for a month before they stopped making it. I'm hoping it keeps me from seeing anyone else with it!
    KRHagen November 2009
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YOU will make it unique and gorgeous! FYI, I don't think anyone will notice and/or care :) All they will remember is how purdy you looked!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards