Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

I found the best wedding photography deal! (UPDATED)

Hey everyone. I posted this in the general community category a few days ago, but wanted to update after I actually met the photographer.

So to give you a brief re-cap, my Mom sent me a link to a wedding photography package on Amazon Local:

http://local.amazon.com/san-francisco/B00HZ5G3PE

$899 for engagement AND wedding photos? Score!

But after my initial joy I was def a bit skeptical, and the FI was even more so. This wasn't a deal on an oil change or a manicure, this is our wedding. At the same time we are on a budget and we don't want to skimp on the photography side but we def don't want to pay an arm and a leg for mediocre photos either.

But I went to their site and I LOVED the work. The only problem was I did not see any traditional wedding photos per se. Lovely engagement images and all-around good work. I did like the natural look of things and the fact that they were not the typical wedding machine-type company. So I sent an email and heard back the next day. The FI and I went to meet the photographer over the weekend.

And.... After having a nice talk and Emerson sharing stories about his background in the business we signed on the spot. I really like the fact that he has been doing this for a long time, his background is in fashion and commercial photography so he knows how to capture the right shots. He made us feel very comfortable and that was the key. So for anyone out there looking for an amazing deal on their photography I suggest you at least check out the deal and give them a call if you would like to know more. You can even say you heard about it here as I told him I would be writing an update on this forum.

Thanks and good luck everyone!!!

Re: I found the best wedding photography deal! (UPDATED)

• Options
    I would never hire anyone that didn't have any wedding photos posted in their gallery.  I'm also very leery of people that need to advertise and for a cheap price....are they not getting work?  We found most good vendors by us get all their work by word of mouth and don't need to advertise.  I hope it all works out for you......good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you for the reply Joan. I wish I had seen it sooner but we have been doing a bit of traveling.

Totally agree with you on the absence of wedding photos, Emerson explained to me that they were re-doing their entire site piece by piece and I happened to look at it when the wedding galleries were not loaded. So, they are indeed there and I really really like his work. 

I also agree that word-of-mouth is great, but we don't have thousands to spend on a photographer and feel that we found the right person. I have personally seen my friends wedding albums and the majority of them look pretty bad. Not so much the actual binding and cover, but the images.

I met with a couple of other photographers who wanted $2500 and up and the common theme between both of them (besides the high rate) was the obnoxious amount of re-touching they did to their work. I mean, I grew up in Alaska and I have seen some pretty amazing sunsets, but the sky can't be purple in ALL those weddings right? Hahahaha!

Thanks again for taking them time to reply to my post.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

:kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards