New York-New York City

Loeb Boathouse Central Park

I am getting married in the boathouse in November! I was hoping all brides that got married there  could give me some advice. What did you love, what did you hate, who did you use? 

Thank you in advance! 

-Julia

Re: Loeb Boathouse Central Park

• I got married there in October!!! It was absolutely wonderful from start to finish.

My coordinator was James and he was great! The only advice I would give is if you are having a lot of small details, I would walk them through it very thoroughly. During my "drop" appointment (when you drop off all your supplies, I didn't really walk them through everything in the package, assuming they would know what everything was on the wedding day...some things weren't utilized as I had intended, but it was so incredibly minor. I am a SUPER detail oriented person (obviously not the day of the drop haha) so i guarantee it was little things that no one noticed. 

I didn't know this until the week before, but they will also allocate a bridal attendant to you and your spouse. This was the best thing ever! Your event coordinator will walk you through the tipping protocol though... When you do your tasting, bring some cash (maybe $40) for the server. I didn't expect full service during the tasting, but it was set up like a private dining function. Lots of fun :)

If you have any other questions just let me know, happy to help!
  • pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    Congrats Julia! I am getting married there May, 2015, I'm sooo excited! I have heard nothing but good things about the Boathouse. If you look through my postings,(One is entitled Central Park Boathouse) I posted some questions on the Boathouse that other posters answered, so you might be able to find more information there in the meantime. Good luck with all your planning!

kmcgann312, I remember you posted on another one of my threads on the Boathouse, and provided tons of useful info!
    What did the Bridal attendant do for you guys? Did you need a DOC/regular wedding coordinator, or was working with the staff at the boathouse, as well as vendors sufficient?

ETA: Confirmed some information

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• @pinkcow13 The bridal attendant was awesome! She made she mine and my husbands drinks were filled the entire night, grabbed anything i needed, helped my MOH with the bustle after the ceremony, checked on me continuously throughout the night, and also made sure that my dress and train were perfect right before i walked down the aisle.

The boathouse staff was great...super helpful. The DOC really depends on you...if you are crazy detail oriented and have a bunch of small detailed decor elements, then you may want a DOC or at least to walk them through each aspect in detail. I wish i had given them more prep, but don't really feel like i needed a DOC...James was great. He handled all of the vendors so i didn't have to day of
  • Attended a wedding there a few weeks ago. It was beautiful. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards