Wisconsin
Options

Need ideas from EVERYONE!!!

Hi there,  My fiance and I have been engaged for almst a year now, and I've finally decided to actually start planning this thing.  Here's my dilemme: I've only been to two weddings in my entire life, and I have no idea where to start looking for a reception hall, so I was hoping all of you Milwaukee Notties could help me out!!!!Wedding Date: July 2011Guest list = 150 (ish)Looking for a venue in either Waukesha or Waterford.  Now I'll be honest, I'm kind of a country bumpkin, so I'm looking for a room with a lot of windows and natural light .  I really want everything to bright and sunny....If you can think of any places like this (even if you're not having your wedding there,) please let me know!!!!Thanks!

Re: Need ideas from EVERYONE!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If your looking in the waterford area you might want to stretch a little farther down to Burlington. The Veterans Terrace just opened and its a beautiful place. LOTS AND LOTS of windows. Its also right on a lake looking west so you get beautifull sunset views near end of dinner start of reception. You can use your own caterer or they have a list of prefered caterers. If you really want to go country bumpkin then Old World Wisconsin in Eagle has a barn they use for receptions. Rustic setting in the woods but plenty of parking and outside area for people to walk around and kids play.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend that you check out Silver Spring Golf Club (http://www.silverspringgolf.com), it is in Menomonee Falls but close to Waukesha/Sussex area.  We used them for our Sept. wedding and have nothing but positive things to say.Our ceremony was on the rooftop patio and our reception was in the La Par restaurant for 150 people.  The La Par room walls are all glass windows, so it really brings the outdoors in.  It made it feel like we were outside and it was beautiful at night with the golf course all lit up.  The room has a patio attached so guests can sit outside and still feel like part of the party.  Minimums were lower than most places and our guests raved about the food and venue.  It may not be your thing, but I recommend at least checking it out.  I think you can just walk in any Saturday to do a tour.  They were pretty laid back most of the time, which made me a little nervous a couple times along the way and I was a pretty relaxed bride.  However, the day turned out absolutely fabulous and exactly what we wanted it to be.  It was not a problem for us, but I could see how their laid back attitude could cause stress for some brides.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out the Schlitz Audubon Nature Center, it was the first thing that came to my mind.[url]http://www.schlitzauduboncenter.com/index.htm[/url]
  • Options
    SweetCharadeSweetCharade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Broadlands Golf Club has a lot of light in it...it's in North Prairie so a little out of the way.  That's where our reception is going to be and when my fiance and I went to look at it it was during the day and it was super sunny and bright.  It's not overly ornate or anything either...kind of clean and classic (to me).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Golden Mast or the Seven Sea's
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Schlitz Audubon Nature Center is gorgeous!  I'm having my ceremony there and from your description of yourself it seems like it would fit you well.  Also, my photographer just posted some wedding pics on her website from a wedding she did at Oconomowoc Lake Club.  It's absolutely gorgeous!!!  Her website is sarahimmelphotography.com and if you click on her blog you can see some pics from that wedding.Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards